cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ-D Tunnelling WLAN with VLAN Tag

fadhil_fathoni
New Contributor
Hi, i am trying to configure vSZ-D in my branch office, the setup is my branch office has multiple VLAN (let's say) Management, Internal, and External. The vSZ-D interface's is in Management VLAN (both Data Interface & Control Interface). Same with all of our AP is also in Management Vlan. All switchport that connected to vSZ-D i configured as trunk with native vlan Management. So the AP is managed to establish tunnel with the vSZ-D, and when i broadcast the MGMT-WLAN with default Taging ( Vlan 1 ), my device can connect to it and get same Management VLAN IP address and can ping my Management Gateway. The problem is when i create INTERNAL-WLAN and tagged it with Internal VLAN ID, my client can't get IP address from Internal VLAN, try it with static IP address assignment, my device still can't ping my Internal MGMT. I look around the configuration and still not working. What i am missing ? anyone here has experience in using VLAN tagged WLAN through vSZ-D ? 
3 REPLIES 3

fahrizal_zulqif
New Contributor III
I think it's not a problem in the vSZ, in my opinion there is less config in switch layer 2 or layer 3 switches

fadhil_fathoni
New Contributor
Finally i could make it work, there is some miss configuration in port-group in vSwitch setting. My Data-plane interface was configured to VLAN 0 ( which deny all VLAN tagged traffic in vSwitch ), simply changed it to VLAN 4059 ( Trunk Mode in vSwitch ) and works !  

fahrizal_zulqif
New Contributor III
very good 🙂