cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Provisioning for APs with Virtual SmartZone

jeff_roback
New Contributor III
Is there any more detailed documentation available for batch provisioning of AP's with the Virtual SmartZone?   The (very brief) mention of the feature in the administration manual mentions that you can export a blank file with headers (so far so good) but doesn't describe any of the columns and doesn't give any guidance for formatting of the columns, or even mention which ones are required.    The KB article (https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000004657) is also pretty disappointing - it tells you if you want to batch provision AP's, just go ahead and click the batch provision ap's button, and that errors will be reported.

So I took a stab at it anyway.   I filled in the columns with AP Name and MAC address, and after the second try of formatting the Mac Address I got to this error message: "AP provision failed, Incorrect Administrative State".   So I searched  the manuals, the KB's and couldn't find ANY reference to what the administrative state is... or what it's values could be.  So I'm stuck.  Just for fun I tried "Up", 0, 1, but no luck.

So does anyone have any documentation on how to perform this procedure or what the magic password is for the Administrative State field?

Thanks!
Jeff
5 REPLIES 5

peter_kley
New Contributor II
How are you handling the batch import? Whatever software I try to edit the CSV file with it changes it and removes the "" around each field. Excel seems like the easiest to edit but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Very frustrating that you can't batch export pre-provisioned APs and modify them. We like using Swipe to add APs but you can't assign static IP addresses thru Swipe.