cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP-SCG does not activat the WLAN-RADIO / new installation of a SmartZone Essential

christian_rotte
New Contributor II
I am trying to do the migration from an ZD1200 to vSN-e. Therefore I have now two R510 in a test-enviroment connected to an brandnew installed vSN-e (I do not use the automatically migrating-service by vSN-e!!).

I do have the problem, that the two R510 do not activate the WLAN-RADIO.

I have successfully migrated firmware of the APs from ZD-firmware to now SCG-firmware, and  set the command for the two test-APs. On the vSN-e, I do have set up an new WLAN, the APs are connected successfully to the vSN-e, but both APs dont activate the RADIO (nether 2GHz nor 5 GHz) and therefore I dont get an SSID-signal.

In the configuration, it says just !! I do have a NoiseFloor from -70 on 2,4 GHz and -102 on 5 GHz / Tx Power ist

Does anybody has a clue, what to do?

Is this a configuration-mistake? As the old ZD1200 I do have looked thru the whole vSN-e configuration but I dont see a real mistake?

best regards

Christian

5 REPLIES 5

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Christian,

Please factory reset the AP, SSH into it and run below commands.

set factory
reboot

Regards,
Abilash PR.

christian_rotte
New Contributor II
Hi ABilash,

I got it.. it was not the factory-reset - but I know the forum says.. that migrating vom ZD to SN needs more than one factory-reset of the APs sometime - what I have done yesterday several times.

The solution:
I did a new ZONE and I did also therefore an new WLAN and now it works? It seams, that something in the configuratio was wrong? But I cant imaging what?

By now - as it is a test-environment, I do a full set-factory on the vSN-e 🙂

abilashpr
Contributor III
Hi Christian,

Glad you were able to solve it, migration of APs from ZD to vSZ is simple as upgrading APs with vSZ-AP firmware; in this process of conversation certain radio profiles would be added to AP's wlan profile, when this does not happen we end up getting N/A in the radio profiles.

During this state if we run "get wlanlist" we would see zero wlan profiles, this would give N/A on the controller AP dashboard.

A simple reset of the AP or moving the AP to different AP Zone would re-provision the wlans and would remove N/A and should see channel numbers.

Happy WiFing.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

christian_rotte
New Contributor II
mercy