cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unleashed r710 firmware problems - don't buy this product

bruce_davis_dlx
New Contributor II
my network engineer and I spent over 20 hours with their support and engineering to determine why password protected throughput was a fraction of the open net perf.  finally found the solution:  roll back the firmware!   so we spent all this time confirming their firmware is buggy and not adequately QC'd.  When I asked what consideration they might provide for the enormous inconvenience and net security risks we endured over two months of online support sessions, I got "sorry", then crickets.   Never had such a bad experience with what appears to be a respectable company.  
19 REPLIES 19

I know it doesn't happen in all RF environments, but it's is an issue that's affecting a lot of end users where a single iOS device can't pull fast enough bandwidth for downloads where it drops below 100mbps on downloads on devices that use 802.11ac. Funny thing even my Unifi AC LR is faster than the R710 when on unleashed firmware 200.7.x. which is sad under the same channel settings and conditions.  This is a major bug that is also affecting New Lennar Smart home buyers which come with Ruckus R510 and the performance is very poor that a lot of the home owners sold their R510 on ebay.  The poor firmware which is unlike Ruckus before has really damaged their reputation. Note: this is just with basic unleashed wizard configurations...  nothing more. even if it's just a single AP and no other APs are involved.. it's still very bad.... even when sticking to the same channel and 80Hz settings.  Unleashed 200.7.x performance is very bad under certain RF environments. When you drop back to 200.6.x firmware downloads speeds go up to 250-350mbps. When you drop back to 200.4.x firmware downloads speeds go up to 500-650mbps under the same conditions and same device. From my testing... Something changed starting in Unleashed firmware 200.5.x firmware which is probably causing a snowball effect and gets really bad at firmware 200.7.x where it becomes very noticeable.

I know it also affects my clients too so I've kept them at unleashed firmware 200.6.x for now.

really crappy product and support. we have the same issue on the R510 Unleashed. Theres a long thread of the same issue on this forum started by me. Freaking pain in the but. They're still trying to harras me to spend more time to help them debug and provide them logs. I have work too you know... I had to downgrade to 200.6 but giving up 1/2 the bandwidth... unbelievable. seems. its can be a class action on these kinds of practices of knowingly throwing crappy firmware into the market costing end users lost of bandwidth and productivity....

Ok just got off of the phone to a customer who had solid 450 meg on 5ghz to all devices that we could test on new FW so still not sure on why some are having issues.

hayward_kong
Contributor III
Not sure if this bug also affects ZD and SZ deployments.  However,  if it is a wifi driver issue the development should also impact ZD and SZ deployments since it should share the same wifi drivers. I also know under the same conditions, it impacts standalone firmware 110.x and when rolling back to 104.x  standalone it has no issues.