cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

r510 slow connection since upgrade

DaJoJo
New Contributor III

I ran the troubleshooting Speedtest between 2 R510 AP's and it is very slow. Before it reached 980mbit between 3 AP's. This is since upgrade to v14 I believe. Wifi seems to drop internet after lease ends as well. Trying to figure out what the problem is. Reboots and cables checked. Cable still the same draka cat6 and connectors all cat6a. My level1 switch had troubles and resetted a lot and now it's dead , took it out and connected pc directly to the r510 2nd port. Before it was my tv-tuner that was not working, stream slow and stopped after few secs. Was fixed with newer 200.12 firmware. Then the wifi speed spiking all the time,  fixed with 200.13. Now wifi crap again while it on 200.14 and terrible link speed in between AP's. I thought I bought professional accespoints, but it seems every time there is something. Very annoying as my 1gbit internet spikes all the time too. Ranging from 245-530mbit on wifi with half of it as upload. Ranging from 255-730mbit on cable. How can I check or try solve this ? 

1000012709.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @DaJoJo 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.

Please note, that the Internet from the ethernet cable on the 2nd port of the Access Points will not work. If you are using an ethernet cable it must be from the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch or to the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

As you mentioned, is your RUCKUS Switch completely dead? Or On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to the above query or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

DaJoJo
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am doing well thank you.

Not sure why you asked for the ICX switch, I did mention I don't have one.

From the info provided you could make up that my internet works.

I am a MCSE, so no need to educate on networks and how it works.

I suggest you read my posts a little more please. I am from netherlands and here we don't have Lennar homes. I have just a basic setup of 3 R510's which are running 200.14 firmware and Unleashed. They used to be zoneflex devices, but as I don't have a zonedirector I just reflashed them with Unleashed firmware. The setup worked fine (for the major part as firmware and app are not 100% what you expect from a professional company) till I put firmware 200.14 on it. Speeds are slow and lot of connection drops to devices. I.e. they are connected but after a while, probably when lease gets renewed, the internet connection drops. The network connection is still ok at that point and when I reconnect the device to wireless the internet connection is working fine again. If you do not understand what I try to say, please ask I be happy to elaborate. As non-native english speaker I can understand my english is not allways understandable. Happy to hear your thoughts or solution to this problem I have.

Hi @DaJoJo 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please note, that the forum you have raised post on is only for the Lennar Home customers. I would suggest you raise a post on the Unleashed community forum. (Please refer to the below link)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/Unleashed/bd-p/unleashed

However, you can try the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  As you have 3 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any TWO Access Points, and perform the factory reset on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the ports and they will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

If the factory reset of the APs doesn’t help, we suggest you post your queries in Unleashed as explained above. Since this queue is only for Lennar Home Users.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

DaJoJo
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response. I did post it on the community forum originally,  but one of the moderators decided not to read my post fully and moved it to this forum. No idea why as it is obvious by reading that I nowhere stated it involves a ICX switch or Lennar components. I do not wish to be disrespectful or blame anyone, but I have a really hard time here to keep myself from being annoyed. It seems my English language use fails or people can't read and understand what to me is very obvious. If possible please move this conversation to Unleashed forum ?

Hi @DaJoJo 

Thank you for the response.

Apologies, as we do not have access now, we suggest you raise a new post on the Unleashed forum using the Link I shared in my previous post.

Also, it will help moderators to get notified when there is a new post to assist you sooner.

And please try to perform the factory reset of the Access Points as described in the previous post, if you haven’t tried it.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi