cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset master AP

nitech
New Contributor

I have same issue as many others - tried so many times to reset by inserting a paperclip by holding for 20 seconds etc - but it doesnt get reset. it still shows me "Lennar-xxxxx" instead, I am expecting it to show "configure.me-xxxxx" - please help.

just fyi - I have primary WAP installed inside a QnQ panel in closet - I am resetting from here. do I need to reset the ones installed on ceiling?

23 REPLIES 23

thank you. I will try and get back.

request your help with this:

secondly, in spectrum wifi, I used to get "Wi-Fi 6" icon but now with ruckus, I get general wifi (wifi icon). anything you can help me to get the Wi-Fi 6? as its better.

Hi @nitech 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the pictures you shared, as per the light status and the cable connections, they seem to be normal. Are you able to see a Wi-Fi SSID broadcasted from your RUCKUS R510 Access Points and connect to the Internet with the same?

Please note, that Amber lights on 2.4G and 5G is a normal behavior.

If 2.4G and 5G lights are amber, it states that the connectivity is up and there are no devices/clients connected. When any device/client connects to the 2.4 or 5G radio the lights turn green. Please refer to the below link for more information about the light status of the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

As you mentioned about the Wi-Fi 6, from the RUCKUS Unleashed system usually there will be 2 Wireless radios 2.4G and 5G. Wi-Fi signal broadcasted from the 5G radio of RUCKUS AP will support the Wi-Fi 6 specifications.

You could create a new WLAN/SSID and create a separate 5G/2G network from your Unleashed Access Point to avoid any Wireless interference with 5G and 2.4G radios. Please refer to the below link and screenshot. Please refer to the below links to create and new WLAN/SSID.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G:

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter ranges. That depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only.

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, garage door openers, and phones.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Did I answer your query? If yes, please hit the Kudos button and also accept the answer as an Accepted solution.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

thank you, but my question is with wifi icon:

secondly, in spectrum wifi, I used to get "Wi-Fi 6" icon but now with ruckus, I get general wifi (wifi icon). anything you can help me to get the Wi-Fi 6? as its better

Hi @nitech 

Thank you for the response.

As I described in my previous post with the detailed explanation. There will be 2.4G and 5G radios from the RUCKUS APs. And 5G provides greater speeds as Wi-Fi 6 irrespective of icons.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @nitech 

With reference to my last post.

Also please make sure that you have enabled the Wi-Fi-6 option on your Unleashed Wi-Fi network/SSID in your configurations. (Please refer to the below highlighted screenshot for the same)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi