cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Spectrum 1G Modem and router

Vince1960
New Contributor

Please give me a call to walk me through switching/upgrading my modem and router.  I can be reached at 952-210-1281. Thanks in advance…. Utilis 

26 REPLIES 26

I am very disappointed with this process.  As I have explained before, I DON’T have a laptop to verify configurations.  I am currently seeking third party assistance because I don’t have the equipment needed to resolve the problem.  I also plan on requesting a Spectrum technician with experience with the Ruckus switch system to help.  I’m very disappointed with this process and don’t understand why Lennar would supply a Ruckus system and NOT provide on-hand technician support.

Hi @Vince1960 

Greetings!!!

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

This forum is on best best-effort support basis.

We need a Laptop/PC to troubleshoot. I would suggest arranging a Laptop and we will assist you further.

However, if you continue to have difficulty following the steps, we recommend that you seek outside help or a technician.

RUCKUS does not have any support team of technicians to support on-site for Lennar Homes.

Please do let us know to assist you further. 

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

During each comment, you remind me since Nov 2022 Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer provide support through phone or email.  I get you don’t provide on site support, phone or email.  BUT, each time I ask questions, you don’t provide an answer!  

Here’s a series of questions I need answered:

1.What color will the light connection (green or yellow) illuminate from the Spectrum router to the Ruckus switch?

2.Will the CTL light illuminate green on all three levels?

3.With Spectrum providing 1G of internet, what should my Mbps output be on  each level?

4.With my previous setup, I had the modem directly connected to the Ruckus switch.  Do I need the Spectrum router or can I directly connect the Spectrum modem to the Ruckus switch?

5.Is there anyway to trouble shot without a laptop?

Today, I had the ISP on site again to complete test and found the following:

1.Speed to Spectrum Modem and Router at full speed.

2.Land port into Ruckus point at full speed.

3.Access points throttled to 90mbps download

I don’t need you to provide the canned statement about the services you DON”T provide!!!

Hi @Vince1960 

Thank you for the detailed information shared.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note, that we have answered all the questions to your queries. For your Internet Service Providers (Spectrum) issues, we suggest you contact the ISP directly.

Below are answers to your queries.

1. Please refer to the link for light status information- https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

2. Here is the meaning of each light on the Wireless Access Point so you can use it as a reference.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

3. It should provide the same speed as the ISP if the switch and APs are working normally.

4. No, we cannot connect the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch directly to the modem. The topology is Modem>>Router>> RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch OR Modem/Router Combo>> RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. Refer to the below link for more information.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

5. No, we cannot troubleshoot without a Laptop/PC.

Please note we need the command outputs shared in my previous post to troubleshoot further.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @Vince1960 

Greetings of the day!!!

Hope you are doing good.

Could you please update on the status of the issue?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi