cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ISP provider

Ssullivan
New Contributor

I recently switched from Xfinity to Verizon. I have the Ruckus (ICX 7150-C12P) with three WiFi expanders. The Verizon tech said there is a connection coming from the Verizon modem but when I plug it into the ruckus, I get no signal. Using the same port, when I plug back the Xfinity, WiFi connection is restored through the ruckus. Is there any configuration that needs to occur? Should I be using the same Ethernet port for either ISP provider? Any help would be great. 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Ssullivan 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after changing the ISP.

As you mentioned the ethernet cable from the Modem is connected to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran,

Thanks for the reply. I think the issue is Verizon only supplier me with a modem. 

IMG_1139.jpeg

 I noticed this message in one of the images you shared. Is it necessary that we have a router to have it work? When I plug the modem into one of the 12 ports, I’m able to see my network, and connect for about 1 minute. After that, it drops and I stop getting internet. Is this expected?

One additional inquiry - I’m having issues connecting to the ruckus app to check the network. Have there been issues here? 

Best Regards

Hi @Ssullivan 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after replacing the modem.

If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. 

Could you please let me know what error you are getting when trying to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your smartphone?

Please check and let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.