cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch and AP Help - Switch is disconnected and devices continue to drop connectivity

luckadoo11
New Contributor

I need some very dummy-proof help because I know very little about home networking; I've learned some info, but I don't know a lot of the terminology. I can't find any step-by-step instructions or help with my issues.

I have been working off of the Unleashed user interface (UI) online and the Unleashed app. I am having latency and connection issues with many of the devices in my home, but all APs (R510) are connected and working. I've called Spectrum and they show that I have a good connection, fast speed, and the modem and router support the speed I am signed up for.

The switch (ICX7150-C12P) shows as Disconnected in the UI. I first noticed it last September after a power outage took everything out. I had a Lennar Unleashed rep help me and he mentioned it's ok that the switch says disconnected, but that doesn't make sense to me. Why have a switch to just sit there in disconnected status? The rep said that after the power outage, the switch flipped from something-or-other to a router. We did a factory reset and that fixed the problem, but will this happen every time we have a power outage? Is there a procedure I should do after every power outage?

How do I find out what firmware version the switch is on? I found a YouTube video on how to update the firmware, but when I try to do it online (as opposed to downloading it to a USB drive), it doesn't upload. All 3 of the APs have the most up-to-date firmware, so I'm not concerned about those.

I have looked at a lot of forums, but people use jargon I'm not familiar with, so it hasn't been a lot of help. If anyone has any helpful docs to send me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance for all your help!!

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @luckadoo11 

We cannot replace the chassis until you confirm that the hardware is damaged. 

Please provide an image/photo where you are trying to connect via console from ICX 7150 - C12 P (USB type C to  USB ) to PC. Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Here is a short guide for using the console connection.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Jayavidhya_0-1674069815233.png

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

This is getting ridiculous. I have an icon to upload a photo, but it's not uploading. I don't have the same icon as your screen shot. I have the USB C plugged into the correct spot per your instructions. Also, when I tried to enter the boot bootrom code, it errored out. 

Hi @luckadoo11 

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

20230212_142857.jpg