Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

diemilio
New Contributor II

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

Hello experts,

I just moved into a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX-7150-C12 switch, and three Ruckus R510 WAPs. I have tried following the phone app instructions from this video, and using my laptop and this video, but haven't been successful.

I have ran into several issues along the way (particularly with the phone app), but here's where I am right now:

• Using the laptop setup instructions, I was able to connect to one of the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi networks.
  • Was able to go over the 5 steps from the setup wizard and create a WLAN.
  • Managed to get the "Congratulations ! Unleashed Master is now configured !" screen.
  • I noticed that after doing this, the power LED in all three WAPs went from blinking green to solid green, and the 2.4 G and 5 G LEDs are now one (orange). the ctrl LED in the primary WAP is also solid green.
  • However, after all this was done, the WLAN SSID I set up was never broadcasted, so I couldn't continue the process. I tried to manually connect to it (in case it was hidden), but that didn't work.

The thing is that, now the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi network has now disappeared, so I don't have anything to connect to to try to configure things again.

I have fiber internet thru AT&T, so I have an BGW320-505 ONT directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12. If I go to my AT&T network app, I can see the ICX7150-C12-Switch and three Ruckus-Unleashed devices (for the WAPs I presume), so I believe all components are online (not sure this helps with the issue, but I figured I would mention the rest of the setup).

I read in a few places to try to connect my laptop to the ICX7150-C12 directly using an ethernet cable to setup/check the network from there. I tried connecting to one of the PoE ports and access 192.168.0.1, but that didn't work. 

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

El_Daddy
New Contributor

When I moved into my house, I wasn't able to set up using the Configure.Me-xxxxxxx. Check the inside of your network cabinet.  In the inside of the door was a sticker.  It listed a "WiFi Name" Lennar-xxxxxxxx followed by the password.

Try setting it up that way.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Hi @qubilist

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community. 

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @diemilio which is resolved and closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

adarsh_manjunat
New Contributor

Thank you! incredibly helpful. i was able to get it working. I did call the Ruckus line before seeing your reply and they gave similar advice (disconnect the 2 non-master APs, factory reset the master AP for 8 seconds and connect to Ruckus Unleashed on the app, then turn on the 2 non-master APs)

one additional question- now that I have my own home SSID created through Ruckus and an AT&T wifi SSID, which do I connect to for smart devices and does it matter? When setting up my Ring doorbell it gave me both options to connect to. The Ruckus SSID did have stronger signal 

@adarsh_manjunath Logically (from a network logic perspective) it doesn't matter which SSID you use.  For the smart home devices I'd suggest you use the Ruckus SSID.  

My opinion, it's easier to troubleshoot problems with Ruckus Unleashed.  Familiarize yourself with the app then if you have an issue with one of your smart home devices the first thing you do is look to see if it's still connected to the Ruckus network.  If it's not,  try to reconnect it using the devices app - process varies depending on which widget we are talking about.

marvin_maula
New Contributor

I bought a Lennar home back in 2018. It came with two Ruckus R510 access points. I just gave up on them. My speeds were always around 80 mbps even tho my service is at 400 with Spectrum and now 500 with AT&T Fiber; I also tried the AT&T 1000 for about a month. When I hooked up my old Netgear R7900, it instantly reached speeds of 300 to 600 in different parts of my house. Then I tried the Spectrum supplied wifi router; I also got fast speeds, averaging 300. For the old and new AT&T supplied wifi routers (BGW210 before, now BGW320) on the ATT Internet 500 service, I was getting 500-600 speeds. At the corner of my fence outside, I got speeds of 300 still. I always place the wifi router inside the built-in network box on 2nd floor.  I use a speed test app on my cell for all my tests.

I tried the full master reset on both AP multiple times. I also tried the combined SSID and the separated SSID for the 2.4 and 5 radios. The combined 2.4 and 5 SSID always used the 2.4 radio for my laptop and my phone, which is very slow. It seems to prefer the 2.4 even if I am right under the AP's.

If I separate 2.4 and 5, then the max speed I've seen is about 250 on the 5 ghz, but then after a day or two, it's slow again to less than 100. The connection seems glitchy, the speed test graph thing on my phone looks jagged like it's cutting on and off. All my devices seems to act up. Videos streaming gets blurry.

I am done with it. I suggest just don't use them. Just leave them on the ceiling as display. Don't waste 2 years of your time fixing it, like I did. Don't miss out on fast connections for 2 years, like I did. Don't spend two years listening to your family's and visitor's complaints on slow connection speeds, like I did. Just use whatever wifi router your service provider provides. I bet you, you will be happy. It will put a very big smile on your face whenever you see your speeds is still fast even after weeks months.

@marvin_maula ,

The issue you encountered was a speed firmware bug which was caused by a security fixed. The bug affected unleashed firmware 200.7.x.x -> 200.8..x.x and was resolved in the later version of 200.8.x.x.  I was of the people who worked along with Ruckus Support in getting it fixed and verified the issue. For some reason the bug impacted some people while at other times did not impact other people. Anyway, issue has been resolved for over a year now ..It was resolved by mid-summer 2020.  I'm an IT professional that has been developing Ruckus APs since 2014 to small schools, small businesses and high end homes.  Current Unleashed firmware 200.10.x.x.246 works pretty well.. but has  a bug dealing with WPA2/WPA3 Mixed with iOS devices...  hopefully they'll fix it soon.