Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

diemilio
New Contributor II

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

Hello experts,

I just moved into a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX-7150-C12 switch, and three Ruckus R510 WAPs. I have tried following the phone app instructions from this video, and using my laptop and this video, but haven't been successful.

I have ran into several issues along the way (particularly with the phone app), but here's where I am right now:

• Using the laptop setup instructions, I was able to connect to one of the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi networks.
  • Was able to go over the 5 steps from the setup wizard and create a WLAN.
  • Managed to get the "Congratulations ! Unleashed Master is now configured !" screen.
  • I noticed that after doing this, the power LED in all three WAPs went from blinking green to solid green, and the 2.4 G and 5 G LEDs are now one (orange). the ctrl LED in the primary WAP is also solid green.
  • However, after all this was done, the WLAN SSID I set up was never broadcasted, so I couldn't continue the process. I tried to manually connect to it (in case it was hidden), but that didn't work.

The thing is that, now the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi network has now disappeared, so I don't have anything to connect to to try to configure things again.

I have fiber internet thru AT&T, so I have an BGW320-505 ONT directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12. If I go to my AT&T network app, I can see the ICX7150-C12-Switch and three Ruckus-Unleashed devices (for the WAPs I presume), so I believe all components are online (not sure this helps with the issue, but I figured I would mention the rest of the setup).

I read in a few places to try to connect my laptop to the ICX7150-C12 directly using an ethernet cable to setup/check the network from there. I tried connecting to one of the PoE ports and access 192.168.0.1, but that didn't work. 

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

El_Daddy
New Contributor

When I moved into my house, I wasn't able to set up using the Configure.Me-xxxxxxx. Check the inside of your network cabinet.  In the inside of the door was a sticker.  It listed a "WiFi Name" Lennar-xxxxxxxx followed by the password.

Try setting it up that way.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

david_norton
New Contributor II

You can request a technician come and troubleshoot the issue.  This is arranged through Amazon.  Go to this link for further information. 

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-In-Home-Support-Lennar/dp/B0756L8YNX

adarsh_manjunat
New Contributor

I recently moved into a new Lennar townhome and am having issues setting up the Ruckus devices-

we have AT&T fiber set up by our home's smart panel on the 3rd floor. I followed all instructions by plugging a provided ethernet cable from the Switch to our AT&T router. We have 3 WAPs, one on each floor, which turned on. The "Lennar-XXXXXX" network showed up under my Wifi options, and I entered the provided password. I logged on to Ruckus Unleashed, clicked my network, and changed the name/password. When I go back to my phone's Settings and wifi options and click that network, it says my password is incorrect. It's possible I incorrectly typed it but I tried many iterations. Is there any way to reset this password? I can't do so on the Ruckus Unleashed app because I can't get connected to the home wifi network to use the app. 

Additionally, I went the other route by connecting to the "Configure.me" network, created a new name and passoword, SSID, etc. While this worked, I don't see that wifi name as an option to connect to (maybe since I now made 2?)

I also tried taking the WAP off the ceiling on the 3rd floor and doing a factory reset (held for 30 sec), but the initial wifi network I created (that tells me my password is incorrect) stills hows up and so doesn't seem to be truly reset.

Any help would be appreciated!

@adarsh_manjunath ,

As you know by know if you reset One Ruckus AP physically while the others Ruckus APs are still on. It was be Adaptive by the other APs and reconfigured again with the older settings... You need to have all the APs off and select one on and reset it that single one. Then you need to shut off that one and Reset another one while the other APs are off. Once all the APs are all reset. Select one to configure and power that up. Once that's configured. You can power on the other APs (that have been reset) and the Master AP that you configured will auto configure the other APs. Failure to do this procedure will result to older settings.   Reason why unleashed have this feature so it can auto adapt and acts as a fail safe if the master AP goes down and a member AP can be then upgraded to Master AP status. That's one thing I think Lennar failed to explain this for their users.. Also I suggest users not to use the Unleashed app.. best thing is login through the webbrower on your laptop or desktop via wifi. 

david_norton
New Contributor II

I've been on vacation, just seeing this in case you're waiting for me to answer - it doesn't appear anyone else did?  Assuming you still need help?

You need to factory reset all three WAP at the same time.  Then setup one to be the master, the other two get their configuration from the master.  In case you don't know the WAP power is provided via Ethernet from the Ruckus ICX switch (this is just an FYI).

The way I would do this is to remove all three WAP from the ceiling and take them to the switch.  Using an Ethernet jumper connected from one of the PoE ports on ICX switch power up and reset each WAP individually.  Once you see the WAP is broadcasting configure.me, unplug the Ethernet and move to the next one.  Sometimes the factory reset procedure fails, where the WAP reverts back to the previous SSID.  If that happens just reset it again.  

Take one WAP and mark it as your master WAP.  With the master broadcasting configure.me, connect your phone to the configure.me SSID.  Open Ruckus Unleashed and tap on typical install.  If you get an error message don't panic, just wait a minute and try again.  It takes the WAP a few minutes to be ready for setup after it's broadcasting configure.me.  

This next step is important.  On the first setup screen you need to set the "mesh" option on.  Then complete the setup process.  The WAP will then reboot.  Once you can see it's broadcasting the new SSID you created and you can login to that SSID the master is ready.  All you need to do now is connect the other two WAPs to the switch, they will automagically pickup their configuration from the master.  

Open up Manage Network on Ruckus Unleashed, on the first screen you should see three circles at the top.  The circle on the right should show three WAP.  Once you see this you know the network is configured properly.   If you the WAPs are not on the ceiling, disconnect them from the Ethernet.  Put the master back on the ceiling, wait for it to be operational again, then put the other two WAPs on the ceiling.  You should be good to go.

Good Luck.

Do you now if Lennar's setup is a mesh or two AP's?

I have two AP's that I reset and setup the 1st as Master and connected the second.  However it always seems as if my devices connect to  the Master which is located upstairs.  I was hoping that the devices would automatically connect to the downstairs AP but it never seems to connect to unless I am right under the AP.  

I was about to setup as Mesh to see if it was better but afraid to do so.  Would you know if the standard setup is two AP's or is this a Mesh system?

Thanks.