Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

diemilio
New Contributor II

Setting Up New Lennar Home System

Hello experts,

I just moved into a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX-7150-C12 switch, and three Ruckus R510 WAPs. I have tried following the phone app instructions from this video, and using my laptop and this video, but haven't been successful.

I have ran into several issues along the way (particularly with the phone app), but here's where I am right now:

• Using the laptop setup instructions, I was able to connect to one of the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi networks.
  • Was able to go over the 5 steps from the setup wizard and create a WLAN.
  • Managed to get the "Congratulations ! Unleashed Master is now configured !" screen.
  • I noticed that after doing this, the power LED in all three WAPs went from blinking green to solid green, and the 2.4 G and 5 G LEDs are now one (orange). the ctrl LED in the primary WAP is also solid green.
  • However, after all this was done, the WLAN SSID I set up was never broadcasted, so I couldn't continue the process. I tried to manually connect to it (in case it was hidden), but that didn't work.

The thing is that, now the Configure.Me-xxxxxx Wi-Fi network has now disappeared, so I don't have anything to connect to to try to configure things again.

I have fiber internet thru AT&T, so I have an BGW320-505 ONT directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12. If I go to my AT&T network app, I can see the ICX7150-C12-Switch and three Ruckus-Unleashed devices (for the WAPs I presume), so I believe all components are online (not sure this helps with the issue, but I figured I would mention the rest of the setup).

I read in a few places to try to connect my laptop to the ICX7150-C12 directly using an ethernet cable to setup/check the network from there. I tried connecting to one of the PoE ports and access 192.168.0.1, but that didn't work. 

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

El_Daddy
New Contributor

When I moved into my house, I wasn't able to set up using the Configure.Me-xxxxxxx. Check the inside of your network cabinet.  In the inside of the door was a sticker.  It listed a "WiFi Name" Lennar-xxxxxxxx followed by the password.

Try setting it up that way.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

El_Daddy
New Contributor

When I moved into my house, I wasn't able to set up using the Configure.Me-xxxxxxx. Check the inside of your network cabinet.  In the inside of the door was a sticker.  It listed a "WiFi Name" Lennar-xxxxxxxx followed by the password.

Try setting it up that way.

diemilio
New Contributor II

Thanks so much @steve_secor! This is actually what was happening. After going thru the config process, a network with SSID Lennar-xxxxxxxx started showing up instead of the one I had created. Unfortunately, they did not provide me with a password for it, so it seems they need to install a new master WAP that is not pre-configured.

Thanks again!

By default the password for a Lennar-xxxxx SSID is the MAC address of the Access Point.  If there isn't a sticker on the media cabinet door with the password try taking the APs off the ceiling and see if there is a sticker with the SSID and password on one of the them.  If push comes to shove you can reset the APs to factory default by holding down the reset button, which is next to the Ethernet port on the AP.  You need to reset each AP, you want to see configure.me-xxxx appear for each AP in your Wi-Fi list.  Once each is reset, then disconnect two of the access points from the Ethernet.  Then go through the process to configure one of them, but make sure you click the box to make the first one you configure as a "mesh" (I believe it's on the first screen in the unleashed application).  Once the first one is configured and operational, just plug the other two in.  In the unleashed application you should see three access points on the main screen, circle in top right.

diemilio
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply @david_norton. Yes, the builder said the WAP had to be replaced, but when they came to do this, I realized the password was actually in a sticker under the WAP facing the ceiling, so it was not possible for me to see.

It is good this info is shared here because I am sure many others will face a similar problem.

Thanks again!