cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus WiFi not functional

Daneabernardo
New Contributor

Last week some workers finishing our basement cut power to the basement for about 30 minutes. After turning it back on, the Ruckus box and WiFi throughout the house has not been functional. The WiFi is visible and you can connect to it, but it doesn’t do anything. Work computer cannot VPN through it. Things do not load on mobile devices. The Spectrum cable modem and router are working fine, we are using the weak signal upstairs. I have power cycled and quick reset all boxes including the Ruckus device, but our normal WiFi option is not useable. Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

Mine were all green this morning, and did not work at all. I had to connect to the AT&T gateway until I got the ruckus switch to reboot and working properly. Only took half of the day as normal. 

Hi @GWwillings 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @Daneabernardo 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran. Here is the upstairs access point. 

IMG_7618.jpeg

Hi @Daneabernardo 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

We may need to check some Switch configurations to troubleshoot this issue.

Please follow the below steps to access CLI and get the output of the below-mentioned commands.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran, I am in need of more specific help. I can reach the ‘Terminal’ but I do not understand how to access the ‘CLI’ Interface. I type in all of the recommended passwords after the pictures shown and nothing happens. Could someone call me to work through these diagnostics? It is very frustrating to work this way without a lot of free time to sit and work on these websites. 

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7712.jpeg