cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unit Not working.

kmjl
New Contributor

Hi, I have a main unit for my Lennar smart home that no longer works. I tried all of the reset and power reset tricks in other posts but really just need this unit repaired. It has been a bit difficult to get to this point so I really hope this post does the trick.

Thanks for any help!

11 REPLIES 11

Imran_ruckus

Hi @kmjl 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working.

Could you please let us know?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

(ME) - yes for 2 years plus the system worked fine. I do not know of a power outage before it quit working

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

(Me) The status lights all flash green 1 time when first plugged in then go dark.

1 (2).jpg

Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

(Me) My other items still work with Lan cable and WiFi, (Ring doorbell, laptop, etc..)

May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

(Me) I have 2 of the units below in picture  and maybe 5 - 6 other items. None of these have any status lights on at all.

4.png

(Me) I hope this information helps, I was unable to load video of the status lights flashing.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi @kmjl 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

Could you please try to check by replacing another Power cord with the Switch? In case the current power cord has been damaged. 

Also, please try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please help me know the answers to the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi,

I did try a different cord and the reset items 1 and 2 like you asked. Still the same results.