cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch ICX1750 C12P not working

chrisjor71
New Contributor III

Hello,

Our switch was working fine for our Lennar Home, but recently had some major problems. We were able to successfully execute a factory reset - but the box failed to connect to our internet again, and numerous attempts at a factor reset to access the system have failed. I would appreciate assistance getting replacement hardware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Imran - Ruckus is now visible. It assigned itself a new IP but I can view it in my network devices and can access it for WiFi use! It seemed to need the combination of AT&T router restart, and the Ruckus restart, with just a little bit of time to allow everything to settle and reconnect.

Thank you for bearing with me through the process

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @chrisjor71 

Thank you for the response and the information. 

May I know from where the marked ethernet cable (GREY COLOUR) in the below screenshot is coming from? And also, could you please let me know to which port of the Switch the ethernet cable coming from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router is connected?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Of course! The grey wire you highlighted is a line running from this 2nd floor closet area to an exterior box on the outside garage wall of the home. That is where out AT&T fiber router is located. This is the first time I have lived in a Lennar home, and the router being outside the home is very strange to me. 

Hi @chrisjor71 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared. 

Please note, the ethernet cable which is coming from the Router or Modem/Router combo must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again. After plugging it to the correct port, if required reboot (disconnect and connect from power outlet) your ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router/Modem Router combo and the ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

chrisjor71
New Contributor III

Many thanks for that! We had a neighbor visit with technical knowledge and that incorrect ethernet cable placement is something I will resolve. Hopefully no software recovery is necessary, but I'm prepared for that step with documentation from the forum.

Hi @chrisjor71 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sure. Please check, confirm and let me know if it is not working or any issues in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi