cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510 Upgrade for 5Gbps Fiber

ryanhayes
New Contributor III

I recently upgraded the speed of my fiber to 5Gbps (up from 1Gbps). However, the R510's are limited to a single gigabit port and do not have wifi 6, 6e, or 7. Has anyone replaced the R510's? I need AP's with at least wifi 6e with at least 1 x 5Gbps ethernet port. I route an ethernet cable off the upstairs AP to my son's PC. What is the cheapest way to do this and do I need to upgrade the Ruckus switch in the panel we have in our homes? I'm trying to get a full 5Gbps reaching each AP. 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @ryanhayes 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in upgrading your Access Point Internet speed.

As you know, RUCKUS R510 Access Points do not support Wi-Fi 6 and 7. You can connect Access Points to the Switch with Wi-Fi 6 and 7 support for greater speeds. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Access Points model details with these Wi-Fi standard support.

https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/products/wireless-access-points/

Please note, that upgrading the Switch will not improve the Internet speed from the Switch. However, if your RUCKUS Switch is on an older version, you can upgrade it for enhancements of other functions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

ryanhayes
New Contributor III

Thank you. I'm not clear on your reply about the switch. The internet speed from any of your switches is limited to 1gbps? I need speeds faster than 1gbps coming out of the ethernet port on the access point itself. 

Hi @ryanhayes 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

For RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch ports can transmit up to 10 Gbps.

Please refer to the below link for more details.

https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/globalassets/digizuite/61729-ds-icx-7150.pdf

As discussed in my previous post, RUCKUS R510 Access Points do not support Wi-Fi 6 and 7. You can connect Access Points to the Switch with Wi-Fi 6 and 7 support for greater speeds. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Access Points model details with this Wi-Fi standard support.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.