cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX-7150 switch stopped working

royT
New Contributor

ICX7150-C12P-2X1G

I am a Lennar SmartHome homeowner and our Ruckus ICX-7150 switch stopped working. It doesn't turn on and has no status lights on. I have tested and confirmed that the power outlet it is plugged in is working. I have also tried replacing with a different power cable that is known to be working but no luck. The router is also confirmed working as I have Wi-Fi working as expected. But all the devices (Ruckus Access Points, Ring Doorbell, Cameras, Door lock, etc.) that are connected to the Ruckus switch are all offline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @royT 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested PICTURES and a VIDEO.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up, and when plugged in, it flashes an amber light and then goes dark. And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source. However, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @royT 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up.

Could you please plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a working power outlet and send us PICTURES and VIDEO of it showing the light status, and cord connected to the Switch and a working power outlet? Please refer to the below pictures as an example.

Please use the below link to upload a VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you for getting back with me, Imran. I have attached the pictures and the video in GG Drive for you to look at. I have searched through the forum and tried many different ways to fix the issue, but the switch is still not power up. I tried to reset more than 20 times. I also tried with the Putty, Ftp, and recovery the switch. Unfortunately, the switch cannot power on, I cannot access the switch to perform those. The computer can see the COM and port open for the switch, but it cannot access the switch. I always receive the denied access when I try to connect to the switch. I guess the power is not on, thus, the switch cannot be access by computer.

Hi @royT 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested PICTURES and a VIDEO.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up, and when plugged in, it flashes an amber light and then goes dark. And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source. However, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi