cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX-7150 switch not powering on and has no status lights on

glenn_v
New Contributor II

I am a Lennar SmartHome homeowner and our Ruckus ICX-7150 switch stopped working. It doesn't turn on and has no status lights on. I have tested and confirmed that the power outlet it is plugged in is working. I have also tried replacing with a different power cable that is known to be working but no luck. The router is also confirmed working as I have Wi-Fi working as expected. But all the devices (Ruckus Access Points, Ring Doorbell, Cameras, Door lock, etc.) that are connected to the Ruckus switch are all offline.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @glenn_v 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested PICTURES AND VIDEO.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up, and when plugged into a power outlet there is no power to the Switch. Also, you tried to reset the Switch. And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source also tried with different cords. However, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and co-operation. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Imran_ruckus

Hi @glenn_v 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up.

Could you please try to reset the Switch as described below in the VIDEO:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

glenn_v
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response Imran. I will try your suggestion. But if I reset the Ruckus switch, will I have to re-configure it from scratch? I don't know how to do that. It was an Amazon tech support who set it up when we moved in to the house.

Hi @glenn_v 

Thank you for the response and the information.

There is no need to configure anything for Lennar Home users after a reset of the RUCKUS Switch. Since it will reset on it's own with the required configuration.

Please try reset and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

glenn_v
New Contributor II

@Imran, I followed resetting multiple times as you suggested but it's dead that no lights were flashing or blinking at all.