cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-c12P

SteveI
New Contributor II

I have a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P wireless system in my home from Lennar.  I get wireless from it, but it is intermittent.  Most times there is a 10 second delay when opening a search engine or the worst case is I get an error message that says " Safari couldn't open the page because the server stopped responding".  Because of this performance over the last year I have migrated most of my devices to default to my Century Link wireless networks.

I have read through IMRAN_ruckus's communications with Chaycen which started on 10-3-2023 concerning similar issue, but not quite the same.  I would like some help with my system so I can determine if it is fixable or if I need to buy a new system.  

Thanks, Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @SteveI 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

SteveI
New Contributor II

Imran, Fantastic!  It is working perfectly again.  Thank you so much for your support on this.  I will mark it as solved!!  Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @SteveI 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your wireless RUCKUS setup is not working, with intermittent Internet connection.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

SteveI
New Contributor II

Yes, it worked when I purchased the home.  I have experienced power outages since then.

InformationInformationInformationInformationin hallwayin hallwayLightsLightsEthernet CablesEthernet CablesEthernet cablesEthernet cables

Hi @SteveI 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

SteveI
New Contributor II

Imran, Fantastic!  It is working perfectly again.  Thank you so much for your support on this.  I will mark it as solved!!  Steve