cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P wireless not working

akg0880
New Contributor

Hi, While my wired line from ICX7150 is working fine and I am connected to the internet. However Wireless AP is not working. I tried to reset the ICX 7150 and then for configuring I connected to Configure.Me-{XXXX} but still I am not able to access the configuration page at 192.168.0.1 

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @akg0880 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Yes, we need a Modem connected to a Router/Modem-Router combo device which we connect to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As you mentioned the Intermittent network connection issue, may be because of some configuration that we may have to look at. Please let me know once you connect your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch to a Router/Modem-Router combo to check on the Internet network stability via the RUCKUS device.

Also, please find answers to your queries below:

1. Yes, we can use Only a Modem+Router combo device connected to the Switch, we do not require a additional Modem as you have a Combo device (Topology would be – ISP>>Modem-Router Combo>>ICX Switch).

2. As mentioned above Modem-Router combo device is fine to use. And usually Routers or Modem-Router combo devices these days come with both 2.4G and 5G Radios. 

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter ranges. That depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only.

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, garage door openers, and phones.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if you feel it is informative for you.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.