cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P wireless not working

akg0880
New Contributor

Hi, While my wired line from ICX7150 is working fine and I am connected to the internet. However Wireless AP is not working. I tried to reset the ICX 7150 and then for configuring I connected to Configure.Me-{XXXX} but still I am not able to access the configuration page at 192.168.0.1 

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

akg0880
New Contributor

Further, now even the Configure.Me{} is not visible in available wifi after trying to resent once. 

akg0880
New Contributor

Can I get help on this pls?

akg0880
New Contributor

I have made some progress but still NEED support. After few tries resetting the AP, I was able to configure a 2.4GHz SSID however ever after rebooting the switch when I connect to the SSID on my laptop it still says "Secured, No Internet".  The wired connection from the ICX7150 switch is working fine.  I have Netgear CM2000 Modem that is connected to ICX switch.

I am guessing due to AP reset the firmware on the AP may not be latest which is not allowing internet connection. 

Unfortunately I am unable to access the ruckus admin console at 192.168.0.1 or unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/admin/wizard.jsp so I am unable to check or upgrade AP firmware.

My guess is based on this: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2473167-ruckus-r510-setup

Pls help suggest how can I access unleashed admin console or get internet back? 

Hi @akg0880 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As per the case description, I could understand that your Internet connection isn’t working via RUCKUS Access Points. However, it is working via Wired connection from RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As you mentioned in one of your posts that your Netgear modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check, confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

akg0880
New Contributor

This helps, so I will need to add a router.

Let me share a few more details. Prior to buying CM2000 I was using Netgear AC1600 (ModelC6250) which was working fine however the network speed was poor leading to buffering and call drops. I was suggested by the ISP to buy a new "Modem" and they specifically recommended CM2000 and they also said I do not need a router but seems like that was incorrect. 

1. Can the Netgear 2650 which is a modem+Router be used only as router? If so I could do this: ISP -> Modem CM2000 -> Netgear AC1600 (modem and router) -> ICX switch. Pls advise?

2. If I need a new router what do you recommend that will support gig speed network?