cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P - dead after power outage - always requires a reset to work

JayHouse
New Contributor II

Hi,

In my Lennar home (Black Diamond, WA, USA) that has this Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P router/switch installed in the network cabinet.

After the first power outage, the unit doesn't boot up and the WiFi Access points do not get power.

I can temporally make it work again by resetting the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P, by following these steps.

1. Remove power from the switch.
  2. Press and hold the reset button while applying power to the switch.
  3. Release the reset button after all of the system LEDs flash amber.

Each time there is a power outage, the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P fails to boot up correctly and I have to reset it once more. This has ALWAYS done this, since we got the home a few years ago.

I do not have access to a windows/mac PC to perform any low level updating the firmware, just a web browser via iPad/Phone/Chromebook.

What are my options, can it be replaced since it has never worked correctly?
The toll free number for support has been disconnected and the regular number says to post here for support.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JayHouse
New Contributor II

OK.

I gave up, put into switch mode on a non-UFI version.

This is amongst the worse network hardware i've ever seen.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Imran_ruckus

Hi @JayHouse 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch goes into boot mode after every power outage.

Apologies, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

This forum is on best best-effort support basis.

Please note, this happens when your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is on an older version, and it needs to be Upgraded to the latest stable version. We need a Laptop/PC to upgrade the same. I would suggest arranging a Laptop and we will assist you with the Switch upgrade.

However, if you continue to have difficulty following the steps, we recommend that you seek outside help or a technician.

RUCKUS does not have any support team of technicians to support on-site for Lennar Homes.

Please do let us know one you require assistance with the Upgrade process. We are happy to help you.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

How do you access the switch with a laptop? My switch lost power but the steps above did not work for me. 

Hi @wtrwndr 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @JayHouse 

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi there,

I now have access to a windows laptop running windows 11, plus I have a USB-A to USB-C cable.

Thanks!