cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P and R510 setup?

Minnie
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm writing on behalf of my elderly roommate who purchased a Lennar home in 2019 equipped with an ICX 7150-C12P switch and two R510 access points. During this time no maintenance has been done to these devices. I'd like to note she is not interested in using any of the smart home features plugged into the switch upon installation, only the access points.

Neither R510 access points show up under our wifi network list so I'm unable to connect to Unleashed. I suppose we are connecting to the internet directly thru the router/modem combo provided by At&t. I was able to confirm the switch and two access points are connected to the router as they are listed as connected in the At&t application showing each IP address.

Lights on the Switch that are lit green: STAT, SYST, PWR, 3 of the 12 ethernet ports for router and two access points. There are 7 other ethernet cables plugged into that area for smart home devices are not lit up.

Lights on access points 1 of 2: 5G (green), 2.4G (green), Air (off), CTL (off), PWR (green), Ethernet (green)

Lights on access point 2 of 2: 5G (orange), 2.4G (orange), Air (off) CTL (green), PWR (green), Ethernet (orange)

I suppose a reset and software update are in order but wanted to confirm with a professional before taking any action. I have a MacBook and USB to USB C cord on hand.

What steps should I take to get the two R510 access points functioning?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Minnie 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in setting up your RUCKUS devices to access the Internet via it and connect the smart devices.

As per the light state you explained, the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the Access Points seem in a normal state.

We may now need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

As you have 2 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup: (Highly recommended, if you forget the Unleashed login credentials in the future) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.