cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AP R510 not working. Its dead

pablod8a
New Contributor

I have a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P / R510 AP that is not working. Specifically, the R510 AP has no lights. This started after a power outage last night. I've tried restarting everything, but has not worked. The Ruckus ICX 7150 has a green System and Power light. I can see the ethernet from my wifi-router to it is green as well. 

I went into the wifi-router, and saw the Ruckus ICX 7150 connected and tried to connect to it directly, but my login/password apparently didn't work. I tried all the combinations listed here as well:

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @pablod8a 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Community forums.

Could you please let me know if this is a Lennar Home RUCKUS setup?

Please confirm.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi,

Thank you for your speedy response. Yes, this is a Lennar Home Ruckus setup. 

RUCKUS Account ID:50509760

RUCKUS*

ICX 7150-C12P & AP IC: 5912A-R510

S/N: 292072008286

MAC: DCAEEB0A99CO

Also, nothing happens when pressing the reset button. It appears that the reset button is permanently pushed and does not pop out, allowing me to reset. It’s stuck on reset. Now the AP does not light up and receive any power. I’ve tried connecting my C -port to USB to connect the ICX and dose nothing. Ive tried pinging the default IP address and couldn’t find (which i had to buy the connector). I looked through the Ruckus box and doesn’t have a 12VDC power adapter. I don’t know what Lennar did with the power adapter. I used another power adapter, and still did not power up the AP.  I spent almost 6 hours yesterday trying to resolve the issue and couldn’t solve it. I watched video after video trying to figure this out? 

Please let me know how to proceed forward. 

Thank you, 

Best Regards, 

Pablo De Ochoa

Hi @pablod8a 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working with Amber and Greenlight.

I see from the Picture you shared and you mentioned, that there is an Amber light on SYST and a light on PWR which means the Switch is stuck on boot mode. Please note, as the Switch is stuck in boot mode, it will not transmit the power (PoE) through its ports and any ports will not work. That is the reason AP is not getting any power.

As the reset button Switch reset button is not working, did you try software recovery? If not, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help guide for the same. 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please let me know if you are stuck at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi, 

I have an amber and green light on the ICX switch, just not lights and power to the AP. As for those solutions, I did both solutions yesterday, and both did not work. I also couldn't locate the default IP Address for Ruckus. 

Does the Ruckus have to be paired to the main Wifi router? 

Best Regards,

Pablo De Ochoa