cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7150-C12 QOS settings Assist Please

wyatt_blakley
New Contributor

I have an Amazon Smart House from Lennar. Ruckus 7150-C12 switch with (2) r510 Wireless Access points. 1 Gb Fiber to the door from ATT. I have an external Netgear AC-1900 USB 3 wireless adapter. Trying to move my office to part of the house that doesnt have a wired network jack. Everything generally works great except when I use Cisco Jabber and ZOOM for work phone calls and video meetings while connected via wireless. During these times, my audio when speaking is intermittently garbled to all listeners. When my PC is connected with CAT6 cable direct to the Ruckus Switch, everything is flawless. Looking for suggestions to help resolve this issue. This feels like a QOS settings issue, but I cant decipher the Ruckus QOS and Traffic Management Configuration Guide. I am familiar and comfortable with the console connection to the switch and command line work in the device. Just need some guidance as to the best settings for QOS. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Wyatt,

Qos settings on ICX 7150 doesn't look to be a problem here, How about connecting the PC direct to R510s ? 

Do you have any suggestions on connecting my own router between the Ruckus 7150 switch and my ATT modem? The ATT modem has few features that are available to configure myself. I am just trying to figure out how to make the Ruckus "see" my router - IQRouter from evenroute.com   Is there a specific port it would need to connect to? When I connect the router  between the ATT modem and the Ruckus switch, all devices lose connection to Internet. Is there a config setting(s) I would need to change on either the ATT modem, my router or the Ruckus?  Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Hi @crlloyd1965 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is very old and which is closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran, 

I created a new post to get assistance to setup my new (RMA) ICX-7150-C12 switch and get my smart home devices back online however I have had no response. I have connected and powered up my new switch, I am able to connect to my wireless access point but my PC states I have no internet connection, I tried hardwired to the switch and get the same message. I do have internet hardwired to the ISP router. I have read documentation about logging into the unit via a USB terminal session, but this is a little above my skill level. I need detailed direction how to get this done please. It has been months since the switch failed. I feel like I'm a poster child of this technology because I use this to its full extent with geofencing for my AC, lighting schedules, and the Ring doorbell. When this works it saves me money, I'd like to get back to that. Please advise or direct me to a final solution before I have to seek other options.