cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Not Working

jdm0505
New Contributor

I’ve attempted to reset the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P with no success.  What is my next step? Attemped Reset as outlined in documentation. Pin in reset while unplugged, plug in, wait until reboot lights appear. I've attempted this about 15-20 times now and it never makes it past the blinking yellow lights.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @jdm0505 

Thank you for your response.

Please use the following link to download the TFTP application: (first TFTP link from the guide)

Download TFTP Application

The remaining information in the guide is provided in a step-by-step format, and all other links are functioning. Please follow the process and let me know if you are stuck at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

jdm0505
New Contributor

I downloaded everything and realized I do not have ethernet connection available on any of my devices they are all only USB-c devices and no ethernet connectivity. The software recovery is not able to be completed by this owner due to lack of a ethernet on computers.  At this point I have no other choice but to return the device.  As a customer of a Ruckus I would expect a process allowing the defective product to be returned for RMA as these are supposed to have a lifetime warranty and not just through a community forum. I will likely have to reach out to commscope. I have tried to work with RUCKUS I am just saddened it has come to this as while this worked I enjoyed it but this is not proper support but leaving the customers in the dust.

Hi @jdm0505 

Greetings!!!

Apologies for the inconvenience.

As mentioned, this issue is related to software, it can only be resolved through the troubleshooting steps outlined and is not eligible for RMA according to company policies. RMA is covered for only Hardware issues or we cannot approve it without trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

You can use an external ethernet adapter for the process. (refer to the below screenshot)

Please share the screenshots if stuck at any point during the software recovery.

However, if you continue to have difficulty following the steps, we recommend that you seek outside help or a technician.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

jdm0505
New Contributor

Your guide recommends standard usb, i only have usb c on laptops and to be fair, as mentioned, this would be buying hardware in hopes that it works. This is unnecessary hardware. I am concerned that you (RUCKUS) is willing to make an exception for others that don't have the hardware but not me and am being told to go purchase hardware and then go learn how to program. This is a serious letdown on the warranty. Please see this, they were not forced to go buy a new computer https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Reset-Not-Working/m-p/82364/... 

Hi @jdm0505 

Please be aware that we conducted troubleshooting steps through private chat for the link you shared and do not approve RMAs until these steps have been completed.

Kindly follow the provided troubleshooting steps, and let me know if you encounter any issues during the software recovery process.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi