cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Recover me instead of Configureme to set up AP

BD
New Contributor II

Recently, my indoor ap network disappeared and now instead of saying configure me it says recover me.  What is the password to log into the network and reset the network?  There was no power outage or anything like that.  It just cut off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

When you press the reset button for about 10-15 seconds on the AP using a paper clip. The PWR light should turn RED and this time it will broadcast configure.me-xxxxxx.

Please check once again.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

BD
New Contributor II

There are not multiple AP's in my home, only one.  What do I do next?

Hi @BD 

Could you please connect the Access Point to an external power 12 VDC adapter without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Once you connect, perform the same factory reset process, by pressing the reset button with a paper clip (Introduce a paper clip or a similar implement and push the button. Once the Power Light is red, count 15-20 seconds and release the button) and check if you see configure.me.xxxxxx SSID broadcasted from that AP to configure.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

I performed the reset per your instructions above and the light continues to flash green.  The network SSID isn't even populating anymore when I search for available networks.  I'm not sure what's wrong, but it seems to be the AP.  What do you advise I do  next?

Hi @BD 

Greetings!!!

When you press the reset button for about 10-15 seconds on the AP using a paper clip. The PWR light should turn RED and this time it will broadcast configure.me-xxxxxx.

Please check once again.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

BD
New Contributor II

I recently picked up a new Gateway and so far I think it's working.  I finally have the configure me network SSID.  Will update once setup is complete.