cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguring Ruckus

theotherone89
New Contributor

I have only used my spectrum wifi until now. But starting to have issues with certain devices (specifically 2 different HP printers) not wanting to connect and intermittent dropouts. I am trying to use the Lennar wifi off the ruckus and it barely works at all. I want to reconfigure the system so I can login and manage with the app. When I am connected to that Lennar wifi, the ruckus unleashed app says that I’m not connected to an unleashed network. Not sure if my APs are working properly because that should be my unleashed network (correct if wrong). Pretty sure the previous tenants didn’t do anything with the ruckus so I’m looking for how to do an initial setup and get everything linked in with the ruckus apps so I can manage the network. Im also looking to possibly update firmware as well. Im hoping I can do that through the app so I dont have to use the flash drive procedure. Can someone point me to the right procedure for this? Having a hard time trying to find what I need in the forum. Thanks.

37 REPLIES 37

I cannot access the CLI via SSH because it is refusing to accept any of the username and password combinations that are listed in that thread.  I enter the combo and it says login incorrect.  Then it disconnects the putty session.  It similarly refused all password combinations when attempting the serial connection.  This is not working.  Please advise next troubleshooting steps.

I tried it again and it accepted the combination I generated when I performed the factory reset.  It previously did not accept this combination.  It did not accept the show commands that you requested.  Here is a snapshot of the putty session.switch errors.png

Hi @theotherone89 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As you are seeing the ‘ruckus#’ prompt on CLI is of the Unleashed system, and not of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch. You must see the below prompt for the Switch CLI.

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

The only one that I see is the icx7150-c12-router.lan.  I attempted the user generated combo and all the default password combinations as well.  It did not accept any of the combinations.  It disconnects the putty session from the remote side after a few attempts.  Please advise.switch errors 2.png

Hi @theotherone89 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the information and the update.

Could you please try Telnet option once using the same IP Address? Please refer to the below screenshot.

Telnet – Port 23 (If SSH doesn’t work)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.