cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ruckus ICX FastIron 08.0.90d upgrade to 8095G

daddygoat
New Contributor

Hi Imran,

This issue continues to be a problem where the switch is dropping from the network almost on a daily basis, sometimes multiple time a day now. Is more trouble needed or can this be considered a hardware failure?

Should I open another ticket or can you assist?

Many Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

Imran,

The TP Link Mesh is directly connected to the Kinetic Fiber ISP that then feeds the switch IP addresses. So the (1) master mesh unit will run Wi-Fi continuously even as the switch goes through it's failure. I know this as I have a TV that connects via hardwire ethernet to the Ruckus switch and then has to switch its connection to the master wifi mesh when the switch goes down. So I'm confident that the ISP service is solid 24-7. I also have my phone configured to connect to the master wifi and when the Ruckus switch goes down, I know this also from a message that the TP-Link unit sends to me as a message, I can still ping SpeedTest as well as all other functions on my phone being connected. 

Now, the other mesh units are split between being hardwired and on wifi and act the same way when Ruckus goes down.

Let me know what this screen shows tells you, I'm curious.

daddygoat_0-1725475880319.png

Hi @daddygoat 

Thank you for your response and the update.

It appears that the output does not provide information related to the mesh, as your Mesh APs are directly connected to the ISPs Router.

I recommend connecting your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch directly to one of the LAN ports on your ISP's router. You can then connect other wired devices to the Switch. Please refer to the following screenshots for guidance:

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I do not use a router from my ISP and when I've tried to direct connect the Fiber to the Ruckus switch, I was never able to get the switch to distribute IP addresses nor was the Ruckus AP able to grab an IP address. This was tried many months ago when I the AP was still in use. 

The ruckus switch is dropping off the network in rapid succession. 

unnamed.png 

Hi @daddygoat 

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Apologies, The RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is designed to operate specifically with modem-router or modem-router combo devices. For the switch to function correctly, it must be connected in this manner.

The network topology is as follows:

- Modem-Router Combo device → One of the 12 Ports on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch → Access Points (APs) or Other Devices

- Alternatively:

ModemRouterOne of the 12 Ports on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P SwitchAccess Points (APs) or Other Devices

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran,

perhaps I got ahead of myself. This issue began with the configuration as you state the Ruckus switch is designed for, exactly as such. The switch would drop connection, and it is a known issue for Ruckus. The hesitation for Ruckus to admit to a hardware failure is painful as a consumer. 

I will re-configure my network back to how it was and as you require and return with outcomes.

Please consider replacing this switch.