cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS Wi-Fi Interruptions After Power interruption.

megabytes007
New Contributor

Hi Everyone, Every time there is a power interruption, all my smart home devices (alexa), TV, LAN, cell booster stop working. I even bought a UPS and connect the RUCKUS box, Smart thing hub, (most of the equipment in the Wi-FI box) to it and still I have issues. I have Two (2) access points connected to the RUCKUS and a NETGEAR router provided by the Internet Provider Entouch. Entouch has been at my home to check the connection and their router and told me that the issue is with the RUCKUS system. It usual way I have solved the issue is to unplug everything, turn the router wi-fi off and on, sometimes it works, sometimes not and i have to repeat it and then it works- i guess just trying to figure out the issue. Also, it consistently dropping connections or behaving erratically. This happens more often in the past year or 2 and it is frustrating especially when working from home. Not sure if the device is faulty (its about 5 yrs old). Please, how can I fix it and is there a somewhat permanent fix. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @megabytes007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering internet connectivity issues frequently after a power outage.

As the issue of consistent drops may be indicative of a Routing Code (SPR) problem due to power outages, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article below for guidance on troubleshooting:

Fixing RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch Routing Code (SPR) Issue

If you have any questions or encounter difficulties during the troubleshooting process, please let me know.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @megabytes007 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @megabytes007 

Greetings!!!

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @megabytes007 

Greetings!!!

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi