cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS Switch not working

rubal2k7
New Contributor

I am unable to get APs to lit in Pearl home community. It looks like Ruckus ICX 750 switch is struck in a boot mode.
Tried resetting it multiple times but of no use...both the green and orange lights are on
Upon rebooting the Orange reboot lights keep flashing and does nothing.

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @rubal2k7 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in the boot mode, and tried to reset it multiple times. Now amber lights are flashing.

Please note, if there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

As you tried reset with a paper clip which isn’t working, we must perform the software recovery to the Switch as described below.

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please note, we must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

rubal2k7
New Contributor

I followed the links shared but the switch did not generate any port comm#  for mee to leverage in next steps as per the video. so I was not able to resolve the issue..Can someone from the technical team can come fix it for me please 

Hi @rubal2k7 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you mentioned there is no COM port, could you please share a picture of the Switch and Laptop/PC showing the software recovery cable connections between them? Also please share a screenshot showing the COM port details when it is connected to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.