cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUCKUS PURPOSE

MATT
New Contributor

My Ruckus ICX 7150 will not reboot after power outage. amber light indicates it is stuck in boot stage and potentially has a corrupt config file.   

I don't understand exactly what the Ruckus does anyway.  All of my items seem to run on my regular Frontier internet fine and the only items not working are the AP boosters in the ceiling.   Can't I just remove the Ruckus which has been problematic anyway?

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @MATT 

Thanks for your response.

If the factory reset of the switch doesn't work, we need to perform a software recovery.

Here is the quick guide to perform software recovery.

How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Ruckus ICX Recovery Load boot code from boot monitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHriOYYD_iI&t=7s

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I will give the software recovery a try.   Meanwhile, can you tell me: 

Do the Ruckus Unleashed AP's POE only operate on a Ruckus switch or are they able to function when connected to a POE switch of any manufacturer?

Hi @MATT 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for the information you shared.

Sure, please let us know if you get stuck at any point of the software recovery process. And share a screenshots of the errors (if any).

And you can connect RUCKUS Access Points to other Vendor switches. However, your Switch will not be connected on the Unleashed system, as it only supports RUCKUS ICX Switches.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I'm confused, can you clarify: In your reply (copy below) what do you mean the switch won't be connected on the unleashed system?  Will the Ruckus AP's still function if plugged into another vendor switch?

However, your Switch will not be connected on the Unleashed system, as it only supports RUCKUS ICX Switches.

Hi @MATT 

Thank you for the response.

If you are connecting your RUCKUS APs to other Vendor Switch, APs will do the it’s job of broadcasting it's wireless network accessibility.

The Switch of the other Vendor won’t be accessible, and you cannot see and manage the Switch from the AP's Unleashed system. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.