cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510

jsmani81
New Contributor

I have Lennar home and ruckus R510. They have installed Ruckus 510 for my 1st and 2nd floor. I have completed my basement and need to add one access point in my basement. my question is

1. do i need to add only Ruckus 510 to the third access point. if so, where can I buy that.

2. if No to point#1, can i add any other access point other than Ruckus? if no, can i have other than Ruckus 510 in Ruckus itself

Mani

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jsmani81 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in adding an additional Access Point to your setup.

Here are the answers to your queries.

1. do i need to add only Ruckus 510 to the third access point. if so, where can I buy that.

-It is better to add the same RUCKUS R510 Access Point since they all sync up with each other in a single Unleashed system and Unleashed Application broadcasting the same configured Wi-Fi networks. You can check these devices on E-commerce websites like Amazon, ebay, etc., if you wish to buy online. 

2. if No to point#1, can I add any other access point other than Ruckus? If no, can I have other than Ruckus 510 in Ruckus itself

-If you add another Access Point, it has to be configured separately, where it will broadcast the separate Wi-Fi networks other than R510 APs as described in point 1. There are other RUCKUS Access Points also can be used (please refer to the below screenshot) which are mainly designed for enterprise uses. However, we suggest using the same R510 APs.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.