cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Packet loss

chocolateruck
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a Lennar home and have the R510 installed.

Having issues with packet loss especially while gaming.  Any recommended steps to help troubleshoot and resolve?

10 REPLIES 10

Imran_ruckus

Hello @chocolateruck 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I trust this message finds you well.

Thank you for providing us with the details regarding your RUCKUS setup issue, specifically concerning packet loss from the R510 AP.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. Was your RUCKUS setup working previously, or is this a new installation? If it was functional before, did you experience any power outages before encountering this issue?

2. When your switch is plugged into the outlet, are any lights illuminated? Kindly specify if you observe any amber or green lights, and if possible, could you please share a picture displaying the light status and the complete switch panel cable connections to the switch ports? (Please refer to the provided picture as a guide).

3. Is your internet connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and operational? You can verify this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.

Please provide images of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch depicting the status of the lights and cable connections to the switch ports? 

You can upload the images after logging into your RUCKUS account.

Kindly ensure to address all the aforementioned queries and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

1. Was your RUCKUS setup working previously, or is this a new installation? If it was functional before, did you experience any power outages before encountering this issue? 

Unsure when exactly this issue started occurring.  I have not done any gaming until recently through WiFi but living setup has changed at my home where I need to game through WiFi and that's how I uncovered this issue.  However, I have encountered power outages but can't say if I started experiencing the issue after the power outages.  This issue occurred right away as soon as I started to game through WiFi.

2. When your switch is plugged into the outlet, are any lights illuminated? Kindly specify if you observe any amber or green lights, and if possible, could you please share a picture displaying the light status and the complete switch panel cable connections to the switch ports? (Please refer to the provided picture as a guide).

Please see the image the summarize:

1. 5G: Green Light 
  2. 2.4G: Green light 
  3. AIR: No light 
  4. CTL: Green Light (Seems lighter than others)
  5. PWR: Green Light for

3. Is your internet connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stabimage0 (2).jpegle and operational? You can verify this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.

Internet connection from the ISP is stable and operational.  I have connected the same computer via Ethernet cable and no packet loss issues.

image0 (1).jpeg

Hi @chocolateruck 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Could you also please share a picture displaying the light status and the complete switch panel cable connections to the switch ports? (Please refer to the provided picture as a guide).

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

image1.jpegimage0 (3).jpeg