Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Acess point not powering on

this14linda
New Contributor

ICX 7150-c12p: system an power light green

qty 2: R510 Access Point

We had a power outage last night and the r510 no longer have any lights coming on.

I rebooted the entire system: no change

Reset the r510 and nothing

Before concluding the access points are bad, I want to make sure there isn't more I could check.  Both going out at the same time makes me think they got fried.

19 REPLIES 19

Imran_ruckus

Hi @this14linda 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are not powering on after a power outage.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch (PWR and SYST are Green) you mentioned, they are in a normal state. However, this issue happens when the Switch ports get into a disabled state after a power outage.

To fix this issue, please refer to and follow the steps described in the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/NO-Power-on-Access-Points-an...

Please follow the process and let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I downloaded the ip software, but the ruckus device does not have an IP address, just a MAC address.  I went to terminal and got the attached information.  I am out of my depth on this part and could use some help!  Thanks.  i tried to upload a picture of both the ip address and terminal but it won't allow me.      terminal is telling me the enteractive shell is zsh and i would need to update.

Hi @this14linda 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update you shared.

Please note, the Switch MAC address won’t work to access CLI. We need an IP address for the same.

Before uploading any picture please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. Please try to login here.

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch. Try to log in on the web Switch portal.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

The ruckus wireless is the only one that doesn't have an IP address.  I am using Mac with Sonoma OS.   Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.33.21 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.23.44 AM.png