cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R320 will not power on after power outage

what_ruckus83
New Contributor II

Called the support line and was told to open a post here. My APs will not power on after the power outage. The switch has power and the ATT router is working but the APs will not power on. Please advise on how to restore my APs.

10 REPLIES 10

Are these directions valid? Am I downloading the correct files because i see options for new files. I downloaded the ones specific to the directions but the driver for example is not recognized. In my system I do not have an ethernet card, how do i find my static IP? Is this chat forum the only support option available?

IP Step.PNGNetwork Adaptors.PNGNetwork Connections.PNG

Hi @what_ruckus83 

There are two ways to make console connection to the switch. You can use either way using USB console cable with Type-C connector or serial console cable with an RJ-45 connector

• An USB console cable with Type-C connector (In one side you will have a Type-C USB and in the other side a normal USB)

Vsquez_Fer_0-1664901147747.png

Or

•  A serial console cable with an RJ-45 connector (In one side you will have a RJ-45 connector and in the other a normal USB)

Vsquez_Fer_1-1664901147755.png

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I am using the RJ-45. How do i obtain the static IP? Is this the only method available to troubleshoot? Is there an option to make an appointment for support? I am now going a week with these issues.

Hi @what_ruckus83 

Greetings of the day,

To configure your Computer’s IP address, this must be statically assigned in order to have connectivity to your switch, remember you have an Ethernet cable from your computer to the Management port in the switch, so we require configure the computer with the same subnet.

Start>type control panel>View network status and Task>change adapter setting>Ethernet>right click properties>Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv4)>Select Use the following IP address>insert the same information I have>Click OK

Yarenis_0-1672328726806.png

Also please confirm the console connection of the switch using the below guide.

How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch'

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

2: A console cable connected between your Computer to the ICX 7150 Switch Type-C USB console port.

Yarenis_0-1668790639930.png

Note: The cable type will be USB to type C, where the USB it’s going to your computer and the type C to the Type C connection in your switch, is the port number#1 in the next guide.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I am using this console cable, do I also need an ethernet connection? the guide does not 100% explain that, for the cable it says either not both

Console.png