cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power outage caused ICX 7150 to get stuck in boot mode

sparksntucson
New Contributor II

Hi,

A power outage caused my switch to get stuck into a corrupt boot mode that causes my POE ports to not light up or work.  This has caused my WAP's to not work as well.  I have tried the reset method 20-30 times with zero luck.  In an effort to get this working I have purchased a usb to usbc cable and have spent hours trying to get Putty to recognize the splitter.  After a lot of attempts, I am stuck with the Putty showing the switch as  "not alive".  I changed the ip address a few time with no luck.  Is my switch dead?  Is there another option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not luck with both the USB-C and the ethernet cable connected to the switch and PC.  I am getting the "not alive" error message after multiple attempts in Putty:

sparksntucson_0-1692585256693.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @sparksntucson 

Greetings!!! 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As per the description, I could understand that you are trying a software recovery of the Switch which is stuck in boot mode. And getting a ping is a ‘not alive’ error.

As "host 192.168.0.2 is not alive"

Are you turning off the Windows firewall? If not, please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again.

Please refer to the below link on how to turn off the Windows firewall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

When you turn off the firewall, please close the putty and restart it once again, restart the software recovery process from the setenv IP configuration.

Please let me know if you are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

This seemed to have worked.  Thank you!  I also helped fixed my neighbors switch as well.  I couldn't imagine having someone buy a usb-c cable, make a new cat 6 cable, search for and download a driver for the switch, download putty, download ttfpd64, configure the ports, and code in new firmware(all of what I had to do).  I'm not sure this is the level of support Lennar or the buyers of a Lennar Home signed up for every time it rains.  This is not an acceptable way to troubleshoot a high end switch for residential use.

Hi @sparksntucson 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know your switch issue is now resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email, or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

And please note this forum is on best effort basis, to guide the users with troubleshooting steps only.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Maaaaannnnn! I feel like a real Network IT professional after dealing with the same issue. Was able to successfully perform the software recovery process after a few hours searching which lead me these posts. Thank you both for the resource. I'm also a Lennar homeowner and have had a few issues with this switch.

Hi @Adonix 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the feedback. 

We appreciate you for taking the time to search on the forum to get your issues resolved. However, you can always feel free to raise a new post on this Lennar Forum to get assistance in the future for your RUCKUS device network issues.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi