cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Outage caused my LAN ports not to work

MrAntCali48
New Contributor

I had to power house down to fix the A/C unit and I can't seem to get my LAN ports to activate. The access points work ok, I have the blinking green lights but nothing connected to the ports seem to get internet. HELP!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, I can see from the pictures shared, earlier your Switch was booted up on the secondary partition which is on SPR (Routing Code) and now you have your Switch booted up on the Primary partition which is on SPS (Switching Code). It must be on the SPS code for Lennar Home users.

Earlier:

Now:

To avoid this issue in the future please execute the below commands on the CLI to bring your Switch Secondary partition also on the SPS code. In case your Switch boots up on the secondary partition in the future due to power outage/power spikes there won’t be any such issues.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command)
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Adding 

I also tried loading the Terminal and here is my screen 

Screen Shot 2023-05-28 at 02.57.46.png

Not sure how to proceed with this option. Should I connect to the console?

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please note that the ethernet cable from the Router/Router Modem combo, Access Points, or any smart device should be connected to any of the 12 ports as shown in the below screenshot.

I would suggest using Windows Laptop/PC to access the CLI via Putty application as described in the “How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices" guide

You could try the SSH and Telnet option to log in to CLI (Putty) as described in the same guide- Please refer below

SSH- Port 22 

OR

Telnet – Port 23

OR

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

After putty please provide step-by-step instructions, please.

Hi @MrAntCali48 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

Could you please let me know if you are able to access CLI using SSH or Telnet? If yes, please execute the below commands and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

So the reason why I had the Orange Cat cable connected the way it was is that there is no connection as described earlier 

Connected leaving the cable connected like I had itConnected leaving the cable connected like I had itConnecting Back to the 12 portsConnecting Back to the 12 ports

Leaving the orange wire connected, I cannot get pass the password.