cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our ICX switch in our Lennar home is not functioning

Macrno
New Contributor

We replaced our ICX switch in July of 2020.   Yesterday we were having WiFi problems and noticed the ICX switch was not functioning and no lights were visible on the unit.

15 REPLIES 15

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Macrno 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering intermittent internet connectivity. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. As your RUCKUS setup was previously operational, could you please confirm if there were any power outages before the issue began?
2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.
4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

Please log into your RUCKUS Account before uploading these photos/screenshots.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran . . . 
The internet connection via WiFi is steady and functioning properly on all other connected devices in the house, including iPhones, iPads and the Comcast (Xfinity) box which provides television service.   The only thing which is affected is the connection to our ‘smart’ LG television set . . . two other Fire-equipped televisions are also operating properly with internet connection.  

When the Ruckus switch was operational there were green lights illuminated on both sides, however none are currently on.    Additionally, there were no known power outages or surges that affected our home.

Since there are no lights on the switch which are operational I have not supplied a photograph.

Thank you . . . Mark Caldwell

Hi @Macrno 

Thank you for the response and the information.

I hope this message finds you well. 

We appreciate the information you provided regarding your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch not powering on.

To proceed, we kindly request that you follow the steps outlined below:

1. Take out your Switch from the cabin. Plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a functioning power outlet.

2. Capture both pictures and a video of the switch, focusing on the following:

- The status of the lights on the switch.

- The cord connected to the switch.

- The switch plugged into a working power outlet.

We recommend referring to the example pictures provided below to ensure clarity in capturing the required details:

Please use the provided link to upload a video. We advise referencing the EXAMPLE VIDEO in the Google Drive link provided to ensure consistency in the recording:

Kindly shoot a video similar to the EXAMPLE Video provided in the link. 

In the video, please ensure to capture the following:

1. Show the plug of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch being connected to a working outlet.

2. Simultaneously, display the light status on the switch.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Confirm once uploaded and should you have any queries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help.

Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran…Thank you for your prompt response.   I was unable to see the example photographs as none of them were available . . . as you can see in the attached screenshot.   I was able to view the video with the link however.

My problem is the switch unit is mounted on the ceiling near the kitchen and I was unable to figure out how to get it off whatever mount it is on in order to plug it into a power outlet.   If you can offer up a method of taking it off the ceiling it would be appreciated.

Mark Caldwell

IMG_7869.jpegIMG_1215.png