cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection when connected to Access points. R320 access points with ICX7150 switch.

bjrenna
New Contributor

We moved into a previously owned Lennar home. The system was setup by previous owner. ISP tech came out to turn on the internet, but didn't reset the access points. We have internet by connecting to the Blast router. I factory reset both access points (unplugged one, and reset the master). I am able to create a new SSID and complete the setup, but as soon as it is completed, there is no network connection. Therefore, I can't login with the AP IP address, can't configure settings, can't update firmware. 

I've tried, reseting the modem, router and switch. I've tried factory resetting the other AP first, to see if one of the APs is faulty, but they both have the same issue. I've moved the ethernet cables to different ports on the switch. Ive tried connecting the switch directly to the modem. The 2.4 and 5G lights are on, and turn green when connected to a device. The power and CLT lights are green.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bjrenna 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the screenshot below. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS, if your issue gets resolved.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Finally able to send commands and show flash:

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 9.04.16 PM.png

Thank you for your help

Hi @bjrenna 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the screenshot below. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS, if your issue gets resolved.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you very much!!

Hi @bjrenna 

Thank you for the response.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great weekend ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi