cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New homeowner and can't configure Switch due to past homeowner's ID/Password still being active

NRoberts
New Contributor

I reconnected the new Switch but I cannot connect to the configure.me wifi to continue set up. I think this is because the former owners still have their ID/Password set up and never reconfigured it. Please adviseIMG_7173.jpgIMG_7174 2.jpgIMG_7175.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @NRoberts 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you need assistance in setting up your New RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and reconfigure the RUCKUS Access Point with a new Wi-Fi network.

Please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help guide for instructions on setting up your devices:
RUCKUS Lennar Home devices Connectivity Setup and Configuration.

Kindly ensure that all Ethernet cables are connected exclusively to the 12 designated ports on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. From the picture you shared, it appears one of the cables is plugged into a non-designated port.

To reconfigure the RUCKUS Access Points, a factory reset is required. Please refer to Point 7 in the Knowledge Base article for detailed instructions.

If you need any assistance during the process, feel free to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Thank you. I moved the ethernet to one of the 12 designated ports. And I performed the factory reset on the AP. However, when I attempt to connect to the configure.me wifi it says no internet connection and the ruckus unleashed app continues to give me the same failure message as before. 

Hi @NRoberts 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Please proceed with the factory reset using a web browser on your laptop. For further guidance, you can refer to the video linked below:

Factory Reset Video

NOTE: Perform factory reset on only ONE connected Access Point. For Example if you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point from the Switch port, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

If you need any assistance during the process, feel free to reach out.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I attempted to do the reset from my laptop. I connected to the configure.me wifi and attempted to open the site (unleashed.ruckuswireless.com) however I kept getting a "no internet screen". I attempted to logon from a pc and it wouldn't allow me to open the site either. Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 4.15.59 PM.png