cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with recovering wifi password

Catiemthomp
New Contributor

We have had issues with our internet over the last two weeks and had the internet people here all day last week. Finally have internet again but our ruckus wifi has gone away and now we just see recover.me and some numbers for our different connections. When I tried to connect onto the wifi it says I need a password. I have put in our password we created but its saying incorrect. I have tried to reset the box and this still continues to happen. Any ideas? 

8 REPLIES 8

@imran_ruckus   stat, syst and power are lit and then each of the 3 ports plus the one where our modem connects is lit green. We have had this working fine for 2.5 yrs and then a power outage happened 2 weeks ago and something happened with our internet and now the ruckus hasn’t been working. I have tried that password on the different wifis and none of them work. Before all the lights were up now only the first two and they are flashing. We have 3 other of these and they are doing the same. 

345B533B-A360-40CE-9D66-65C495F90A4A.jpeg

image.jpg

Hi @Catiemthomp 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. As already described in my previous post device setup guide, it must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again.

Please confirm if that works or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Catiemthomp
New Contributor

@imran_ruckus is there a way in easy terms to fix the speed. It’s not connecting again but our one is extremely slow where before with just the Internet it was working fine. I am not techy at all so bare with me! Thanks for your help 

Hi @Catiemthomp 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike and you had a power outage recently) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.