cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem went bad

Chrisg
New Contributor

Arris surfboard in my Lennar home went bad, previous one was modem/router. New one is just a modem since I assumed ruckus was a router? Wi-Fi isn’t working with new modem, so do I need a modem/router combo instead? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Chrisg 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after connecting a new modem.

Yes, you need Router or Modem-Router combo from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) connected to the ICX-7150-C12P switch. And from the 12 Switch ports, you could connect your devices such as Access Points, smart devices, wired ethernet cables for your laptop/PC, etc., It doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device.  RUCKUS only has a Switch and Access Point in the Lennar home setup.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Chrisg 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after connecting a new modem.

Yes, you need Router or Modem-Router combo from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) connected to the ICX-7150-C12P switch. And from the 12 Switch ports, you could connect your devices such as Access Points, smart devices, wired ethernet cables for your laptop/PC, etc., It doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device.  RUCKUS only has a Switch and Access Point in the Lennar home setup.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thank you, I’ll return the modem and get a modem/router combo, thank you! 

Hi @Chrisg 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes please. Using a Modem-Router combo device will resolve this issue.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Have a great weekend ahead!!!

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.