cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living Room Ethernet Port Outlet Not Working/ HELP

EMRuckus
New Contributor

Hello, 

I want to connect my living room TV to the internet using my a ethernet cable. The ethernet cable outlet in the living room is not working for some reason.

My TV in the upstairs loft is connected to a Ethernet cable and it’s working perfectly fine. 

what can I do??? 

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @EMRuckus 

The cables seems to be correctly connected on your Ruckus switch ICX-7150-C12P

It would really be necessary to investigate or confirm if the cable of the living TV is connected to the Ruckus Switch and if the cable is in good condition.

Lennar does these installations , you could request a technician to check the hardware if this is your case.

If the cable is not connected to the ICX-7150-C12P this is not going to work , and if the cable is not well connected or in good condition or bad terminated ,  it will not work,  in simple words it will not have the capacity to transmit data.

Following example:

download (1).jfif

Regarding color lights on the APs 

Basically, the yellow light means that there are not clients connected on that specific Radio (5G or 2.4G) that depends where is the yellow light on.

Vsquez_Fer_1-1672164967659.jpeg

This does not mean that the Access Point is broken or damaged. 

Here is the meaning of each light on the Wireless Access Point

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Yellows light 2.4G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio.
Yellows light 5G: Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 5 GHz radio.

So, if there is a device (iPhone) that is using the 5G radio, the light on the Access Point will be turning green on the 5G radio indicating that there is a client/device using that radio (5G)

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter range. What depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN ) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only.

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, and garage door openers and phones.

Vsquez_Fer_3-1672164967667.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

Hello,

Everything is connected well. Lennar told me to contact y’all so how do I get a technician out here? 

I did everything in my power to diagnose this issue.

thanks 

Hi @EMRuckus 

The problem is that this is completely physical, I couldn't fully diagnose that the cable that goes to that room ( living ) is actually transmitting data as the one that is working.

You could connect a wired computer or use adapter to that cable and see if you get internet access through the cable.

If you are connected by cable, the connection should look like the following red section

image .png

adapter.png

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

I already tried that. I think Lennar installed it incorrectly. 

Can you send a tech please

Hi @EMRuckus 

Installation and wiring is the responsibility of Lennar  homes (builder).

We do not send technicians on site.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez