cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar Connected Home ICX 7150-c12p R510 AP Setup

james_largent
New Contributor
I purchased a Lennar home with a ICX 7150 and R510 AP.  The wifi signal was broadcasting the Lennar assigned SSID and the ConfigureME-XXXX.  I downloaded the android app and connected to the ConfigureME net and followed the steps.  That's where I'm stuck.  I don't see the SSID I assigned during setup.  I can connect to the AP with Lennar provided password, but I don't get an external IP.  I had an old wireless router and it works, so I know the connection is good thru the modem.  When I go back to the mobile app and try to access the app it says I'm not connected to the network and then takes me to the network settings.  When I did the initial setup with the Unleashed APP, I picked the typical install.

I've done router setup for other manufactures, but this has me stumped.  Can someone point me to the documentation or explain how I can get this configured and maybe explain what I did in the setup with the mobile app?
44 REPLIES 44

@hayward_kong I have the Unleashed app, been living in this home almost 3 years. I changed my previous modem-router combo (also a Netgear, older model) to the newer one because signal strength got noticeably weaker over the years since moving in to the home. I can't access the Unleashed app, kept saying I'm not on the Unleashed network and there's no "Configure.me.xxxxx" in my wifi settings. It won't let me past the installation option page. The site itself won't load. I have excellent wifi signal. I called Ruckus, they said they don't service Lennar Homes anymore and to contact Wave Technologies. I did that and they haven't returned any of my calls nor emails. Is there an easier way to reconfigure my system (switch, APs) to work properly in sync with my modem router. If Ruckus is industrial-grade tech, then it shouldn't have this much problems trying to get it to work with my Netgear AX2700 CAX30, or any type of modem/modem-router. I'm not that tech-savvy but know enough to get by setting up typical home wifi. This just frustrates me.

@benedicto_singian 

Since you mention that your wifi signal grew weaker and weaker over time , means that you probably never used the  Ruckus Wifi network at all  and perhaps it wasn’t configured properly. What also might have confused you is the fact you continued to use the Netgear Wifi as you are currently doing. Note Ruckus Wifi does not extend the Netgear Wifi. It replaces the Netgear Wifi so you want to eventually disable the Netgear Wifi once it is setup.

First of all,  find out how many Ruckus R510 are in the house?  If you have 2 or 3 R510 then that is the number of resets you will have to do physically. 

You will need a ladder and need to reset each Ruckus r510 device . You’ll need a paper clip to hold down the reset switch for at least 10secs-15secs.

Note this will be a little tricky for you as an inexperienced user. 

What I would suggest is to found out, at the switch level,  which Ethernet cable goes to each r510.  Unplug all the Ruckus R51O from the switch while keeping track which port  it goes to.  Once that is all done select one of the Ruckus r510 as it will be considered later on as the Master AP.  While all the other  R510 are off and unplugged but one R510 should be plugged in and that single powered one is the one we will initially reset physically with the paper clip.  The reason why we want the other Ruckus r510 off is the fact that if you reset one of the Ruckus R51O while the non-reset Ruckus 510 is still active , the non-reset will automatic reconfigure the old settings to the reset Ruckus R510. Basically you want to reset each Ruckus R510 at a time while the others are off. Failure to so will result to older previous settings which doesn’t help you. 

Once you get them all reset and only one powered at a time, each of them will broadcast configureme-xxyy (each of them will have a slightly different number). Again at this point only one active Ruckus R510 while the others are off)

I suggest using a laptop the next step vs using the Ruckus Unleashed app since there is a high chance that your Ruckus R510 APs are using older firmware 200.5.x or 200.6 which I found not as reliable connecting to the Unleashed.app.

Please following this video for configuration. 

https://youtu.be/j8I5aVwMNMg

It should look closely to yours since this video was done 4 years ago and your firmware would likely be outdated.

You should probably want to change the wifi SSID name for your netgear if you have customized the name that you want to use permanently on the Ruckus Wifi.

Take for example Your current netgear Wifi SSID is ‘HomeWifi’ and you want to use that as your Ruckus Wifi SSID.

So you change your Netgear Wifi SSID to ‘HomeWifiNet’ and when you setup the Ruckus Wifi .. the SSID would be “HomeWifi”

Once your Ruckus Wifi is setup and working on the first Master device that you just configured. Then just plug in the other Ruckus R510 devices that have already been reset.  At this point the Master Device will find the new un-configured  Ruckus R510 and automatically configure them and adaptive them.  These other wifi APs will then become a member of the Wifi APs. Give them a few mins to configure.   

Once the other floors are working then  disable  the Wifi on your Netgear…. You want to disable it since it would be also adding wifi inference in your home and competing against the Ruckus Wifi network. 

Again, I’m assuming your Netgear Modem/router/Wifi combo  is directly plug into the Ruckus Switch. 

So at this point the netgear will be your modem and router with Wifi disabled on it while the Ruckus will be handing your Wifi function only.

Anyway log again with your laptop to https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

Go to the Admin tap and look for upgrades/update… up date to the latest one online and bring it up to 200.10.10.5.246.. if that version is not available update to the latest one that is available to you and then reboot. After rebooting and log in and check for updates again til you get up to 200.10.10.5.246. 

Once that’s all working then I want you to assigned a permanent static IP for each Ruckus AP. This should be in your DHCP settings on your Netgear router for Static IP assignments. 

If you still how questions or still need help, let me know. 

Oh One more thing. To unmount the Ruckus R510 off the Ruckus Mounting Bracket on the ceiling you need to use a paper clip in a hole at the front of the Ruckus R510 where the Status LEDs are which is considered the front. Slightly above the LEDs you will find a paper clip hole.  Push a paper clip into it to unlatch the locking mechanism and pull forward towards the front of the LEDs and slide down. Once the Ruckus R510 is dismounted,  you can push the paper clip into the reset hole and hold down for 10-15 secs which will reset that single Ruckus Device. 

Here’s a diagram which will help you in locating in locating the hole to press to unlock the locking mechanism.

https://usermanual.wiki/Ruckus/R51020QSG2020800709400012020Rev20D202020160128.1280373443.pdf

Also make note of your IOT Wifi devices on what network wifi name it's connected to ... since if it's connected to your existing ruckus Wifi network which you have no idea... and suddenly you reset it and change the name and the device can not find the wifi network. Then you might need to reset that IOT device and reconfigure it.  Just a word of warning. As for now I know that older Lennar Smart homes used the Ring Doorbell Pro/elite which has POE.... whatever ring camera you have it has POE but the older version. 

In Summary,  you should be fine once you are able to reset all the Ruckus R510 one at a time while the others are powered off and so on. Make sure you only work on one at a time while leaving them off. This step is very important.  Once you reset all, just power up the one you will consider it master and follow the video instructions for unleashed setup which is pretty easy.  After the first one is setup and working. Then just plug in the Ruckus of the R510s then it will auto configure from the master.   

The Ruckus R510 wifi are superior to your single Netgear CAX30S enough though it's 802.11ac Wave 2. The down side it's it's not Wifi 6 which is not a big deal.

As for now, I do know Lennar Smart Homes starting in March 2021 started using Eero 6 Pro for their smart homes which I consider it a downgrade.  The reason why I know that is the fact one of my friends just bought a house and was finished July 2021 and it came with that. I guess Amazon pushed a lot of weight in having them switch from Ruckus. 

@benedicto_singian  Sounds good.

@benedicto_singian when I bought a Lennar home in 2019 you had to schedule an appointment with an "Amazon Smart Home Tech" and he brought the switch, Amazon Echo, Smart Things Hub, etc. He set everything up. All I had to do was create passwords.