cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues with Ruckus & AT&T

bbradley01
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch, 2 R510 aps and a Ruckus T300 outdoor AP. 

Recently, our internet has been temporarily going out multiple times a day. We have AT&T fiber and the gateway status will turn solid red or will blink red or white. Sometimes it will fix itself and other times I will need to reset the modem. 

I had an AT&T tech out and he said the problem must be from the Ruckus switch because everything shows normal on his side and he even replaced the modem but the problem continued. I was skeptical of this answer because when the internet goes out, I still maintain connection to the ruckus network and the status lights remain green on the APs. However, I turned the switch off and used the gateway’s built in WiFi and have not had an internet interruption since 

I do need the switches and APs to have household coverage, however, so I am looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot this. 

thank you,

31 REPLIES 31

Hi @bbradley01 

Thank you for the response.

No, they can't be on the Same Wi-Fi Network/SSID, since there will be two different Unleashed systems with the different versions. You need to use different set of Wi-Fi network for the R510s and T300.

However, before that you can perform a factory reset and check if that gets stable with the current version it self. OR

Even you could create a new WLAN/SSID and create a separate 5GHz network from your Unleashed system to avoid any Wireless interference with 2.4. Please refer to the below link and screenshot., and check the internet stability after this process. Refer to the below process for the same.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU

Please follow the process and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

The three APs must be on the same network, so I cannot do this.

Hello @bbradley01 

Thank you for your response.

As previously mentioned, you have the option to try a factory reset, create a new WLAN, or both procedures to check if that addresses the issue.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @bbradley01 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hi @bbradley01 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi