cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P stuck in Boot Mode

RickoRama
New Contributor

Hello! 

Upon arriving home, I noticed some of my smart home devices were not functioning at all. Took a look at the network panel, and found that the SYST light was amber on the switch.

I did find multiple posts about trying to do a software recovery, but every time I PuTTy into the console, I can’t type anything. If I try to reboot the switch while still connected to the console, I can see its boot sequence failing > but then it starts writing a TON of dashes on the screen, “>t>t>t”, and some other gibberish. Nothing happens when I try to press enter.

I’ve tried factory resetting by holding the reset button while powering on. All the LEDs do flash amber, but it didn’t do anything else but flash for about an hour. Consoled in again, but same issue. 

What can I do to get this switch back up and running? Any help is much appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Imran!

Sorry for the delay. Currently, the Ring Doorbell is plugged into Port 8. Port 7 is where the AP was plugged into, but I have since moved it to another port. However, it's still not turning on. I will try those commands as soon as I have access, but I'm leaning towards a bad cable.

I do have a cable tester, and will report back with the output of the commands, and results of the cable test. Thank you for the help!

Hi @RickoRama 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Sure. Please help us with the commands and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.