cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P failed to take software update and is not working

Traviscat
New Contributor II

I have a lennar house and was updating from 8070c to 8080f and following the guide, when I hit “boot system flash secondary yes” the command line did not say anything else and everything disconnected. Primary is still on 70c but secondary is on 80f. The wireless network does not show up. Is there any way to fix this without having to buy a new router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, it can be marked as resolved for now. I haven’t had an opportunity to download the update tool to update to the latest version yet. I am hoping to have it done by the end of the month. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Traviscat 

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I trust this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information provided. Based on the details provided, it appears that you are encountering difficulties upgrading your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch from version 08070c to version 08080f.

To further assist you, could you please execute the following commands once you access the Command Line Interface (CLI) and share the output with us?

Kindly note, press Enter after each command to proceed.

Enable
Show version
Show flash
Should you have any further inquiries or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Thank you, it actually came back online. 

I don’t have access to the computer I used to remote in but the primary is still on 8070C while the secondary is 8080f. 

After trying to boot to the secondary it shut down and instead of saying Unmounting usb like the instructions said, it just disconnected and my putty window froze. The syst light was orange for about 5 minutes then went green and about 15 minutes later my network came back online and I was able to remote back in. 

Do you think it would be safe to update the primary to 8080f after this issue then update both to 8095n?

I tried reflashing the secondary to 8080f and it said that the files were corrupted. They weren’t corrupted before my first attempt and it previously loaded the boot file mnz10114.bin successfully before. 

Hi @Traviscat 

Greetings!!!

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for your prompt response and the comprehensive information provided.

In the event that your Switch is currently booted on the secondary partition featuring version 8080f, I recommend ensuring that the same version is replicated onto the primary partition as well.

Please take a moment to verify whether your Switch is indeed operating on the secondary or primary partition with version 8080f.

If it is confirmed that the Switch is booted on the secondary partition, I advise executing the following commands:

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash primary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash primary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Kindly inform me once both partitions of your Switch are updated to version 8080f.

It's worth mentioning that we have recently developed an upgrade tool that facilitates the direct upgrade of the Switch using its IP address, username, and password, eliminating the need for manual intervention.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further inquiries regarding this matter.

Thank you once again for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Thank you, the switch is currently booted off the primary running the older version. 

Do you happen to have a link to the upgrade tool? Also will it automatically download and install the latest version on both primary and secondary? 

I plan on upgrading the primary partition over the weekend (when I can take the system offline for an hour) and if the tool lets me then upgrade to the latest firmware.