cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P: RMA Request: Bad FIT kernel image format! ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Kristyjk36
Visitor

After power outage, ICX 7150-C12P switch not working. PWR LED is Green solid; SYST is Amber solid. I followed the reset steps (remove power, Press reset button, apply power and wait for LEDs to flash) about 10-12 times. Each time the LEDS turn amber and flash constantly. After about 20-30 minutes it returns to show PWR LED Green solid and SYST Amber and Solid.

I connected a USB-C to USB-A cable to my laptop, downloaded the drivers and used puTTY to connect. Once connected I issued the reset command. It origially told me it was booting from the secondary partition. It gets the
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
could not boot from secondary, no valid image; trying to boot from primary

Attempts to boot from Primary and gets:
BOOTING image from Primary

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x2000000
8 ecc_errors after reading 1b48000:1b49c00
iproc_nand_read_page returned 2
NAND read from offset 0 failed -22
0 bytes read: ERROR
## Loading kernel from FIT Image at 70000200 ...
Bad FIT kernel image format!
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

From research done on your support portal this appears to be a bad kernel that requires an RMA. Therefore I'm requesting and RMA. I am a Lennar homeowner with this device.

I've already opened two support cases for this:  01847876 and 01847913 (via chat after I was told to go to the forum).

What more needs to be done to get this started?

2 REPLIES 2

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Kristyjk36 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your Ruckus Switch is not working after the power outage.

Also, could see that you have tried to perform reset multiple times and getting Bad fit kernel image.

Could you please share a picture of the software recovery cable connections between Switch and laptop?

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I don't understand what you mean by software recovery cables. I use the USB c to USB a cable as a console connection. 

Are you suggesting I try a software reload? Seems unnecessary at this point since the base kernel is corrupted. Please advise.  And Please let me know if this device is even capable of being RMAd.