cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-12P Switch disconnecting multiple times a day

VDK
New Contributor

Hello. I have been working with my local IT support for almost three weeks trying to figure out why my internet connection drops so many times a day. The individual I spoke with to day said that after all we have tried that it is time to reach out to Ruckus about my switch. He pulled up the logs for my switch and said it is "going up and down" and "disconnecting due to "heartbeat" loss way too often" (I have 306 notifications of this in the last 18 days). Can someone please assist me with this?

24 REPLIES 24

Hi VDK

Greetings of the day!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please update on the status of the issue?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello. Unfortunately, the connection was still relatively slow to what it used to put out and the internet disconnected at least 3 times today. What else can we do to resolve this? 

Hi VDK

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and update.

Since we performed the required troubleshooting steps,

We suggest you checking the Speed from ISP side (Internet Service Provider). Could you please connect the Ethernet cable to Switch and your Laptop or a PC and Router to Laptop or a PC and confirm the speed difference? (Please refer to the below pictures). Please perform and speed test and check the behavior and please share the screenshots of the speed tests.

Imran_ruckus_2-1676906459803.jpeg

Imran_ruckus_3-1676906459807.jpeg

Please share both Screenshots of the speed tests from the ISP Router and ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran,

Neither of my laptops have an Ethernet port and I could connect one with an adapter but I don’t want to purchase something just to test the speed. The speeds are a bit better but I’m not too concerned with the speed of the internet. I’m more concerned with the disconnection that is still happening daily. Is there a way to look into the disconnection issues? 

Hi VDK

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and update.

As we have completed the required troubleshooting steps, we suggest you confirm the Internet stability from your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

From our end we also suggest you Upgrade your switch to the latest stable version:

The recommended stable version is 8095g-

Below are the options or methods to perform the Upgrade on the switch:

1st Option:

1. In this option, we will use a pen drive or USB flash drive in which we move the files to the pen drive and connect it to the Switch then through CLI we execute the commands to upgrade the Switch using the following guide as a reference:

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

2nd Option:

1. The following guide is an example of an upgrade via TFTP server, by using an application (FREE) to send files or upload remote files to a device, in our case, we will use it to update a new version to the Switch, basically it will send the image version remotely from the computer to the switch.

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

3rd Option:

1. In this option we Upgrade the Switch from the Web Interface (GUI) of a switch.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-an-Upgrade-vi...

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.